This is Not right

Posted by Jen Monday, January 16, 2006 11:50 AM
Not right at all. So you all know how I am sick. I posted last nite that I am pretty sure it is tonsilitis since my throat looks like this


Well, I wake up early today to call our family doctor to get it taken care of. Well, they aren't open until 9 and then they don't take off the darn answering system until 9:15. That is not the worse part...read on.
So I finally get through and explain what is going on. She asks if I am a new patient. I was like, No, I don't believe so. Now I have never been "seen" at the office but she has gotten all my records from my kidney stone, birth of my children, saw me in the hospital after having the kids, and even has prescribed me medicine when Addie had thrush. I have always had her down as my family doctor and believe that I had my records from my previous doctor before I was married, sent to her.
So anyways...I am told they are not taking new patients until Febuary. I was like- you are our family doctor. My whole family goes there- I am in every month with Addie and you can't see me? She was like, no, not until Feburary. Yeah- that isn't going to help me much being that I can't swallow. She told me I need to just go to stat care.
When I hang up and tell Tim, he is ticked and calls back and just goes off. She has been his whole family's doctor for years and years. It isn't like I am just some stranger off the street. They didn't care and we will now all be finding new doctors. I just can't even believe this.
Now I have to wait for Tim to finish up his meeting at the church and drive into N. Canton to go to stat care. This is just not cool. I have never been sick in almost 6 years (well an occassional cold- but nothing requiring a doctor) and now this happens. I can't just put it off- when not drugged, I am in horrible pain and have trouble swallowing.
Lets hope stat care goes smoothly and I am home and on the mend soon.

2 Response to "This is Not right"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oooooo, I would be so absolutely p*ssed! I'm glad he called back and went off on them. That's just not right, that they're considering you a new patient. NOT RIGHT. I think, if I were you, I may even write a personal letter to the doctor. Sometimes they don't know what's going on up front. Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

  2. Shannon Bieger Says:

    Woah. That is inexcusable for them to just brush you off. Your whole family has been there for years and you had a serious issue and they refused to see you? Unbelievable!