Just a clarification

Posted by Jen Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:11 PM
As news has settled and we have had time to think and wrap our mind around everything, more details have come out and things that were said initially have been remembered and such. While I was first informed that it was ovarian cancer, it is actually cancer of the fallopian tubes (AKA- tubal cancer) which is the rarest of all gynecological cancers. Although that sounds scary, it actually brings a slightly better prognosis which is of course a sigh of relief from us. Apparently there is a 60-70% chance they have already gotten all the cancer but she will have 6 sessions of chemo. to insure that it is out of her body. That will of course take a toll, of which includes her loosing her hair and probably sickness. While that will be hard to watch her go through I pray that she will draw strength from Him and be able to press onward and upward. I have a feeling I am going to learn a lot more about cancer in the next few weeks and months than I ever dreamed I would know...

2 Response to "Just a clarification"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Jen, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of your mother-in-law and your entire family.

  2. AnnaMarie Says:

    Continuing to keep your family in thought and prayer Jen!

    Miss you!