Last Hurrah

Posted by Jen Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:30 AM
This weekend was the last hurrah for our family's summer activities. We drove to Pennsylvania for my yearly family gathering, spent the nite at my aunt's house (and got to sleep with Jeff Gordon to boot) and then headed out after lunch on Sunday to shop at Grove City. The family gathering was nice... Micah was a bit of a pill at first but finally opened up and ended up having a good time. Ad was her normal cheerful self, making her rounds talking to people and shadowing grandma. It is always great catching up with everyone and trying to sort out the 20-something little kids running around.
Grove City was of course a blast though I can never seem to find too much that strikes me and my style. The kid's wardrobes for fall were completed (and both kids went up at least 1 size in shoes) and Tim and I each found a few things for ourselves. The kids had their moments... but who wouldn't with 8 hours or so of shopping? I even had my own moments ;)

So... we are back to the grind this week. Addie had her preschool orientation today and goes for an hour long class tomorrow and Friday and then begins full classes next week. I can't believe she is already at this stage but she is SO ready for it. We were the last ones out of the class yesterday- she would have stayed all day if they would have let her. I am VERY happy with her teachers... one that I knew she would have and then the other is actually one of Micah's teachers from last year. Things really worked out well in the schooling department for both kids.
Micah is still doing great in school... he always has stories that I hope are really playing out how he says (him not being the instigator of chaos) We have a teacher orientation tonite (due to the late minute changes) so I am sure we will hear about at least a bit of what is going on.

I am getting ready for the kickoff of our fall children's program at church and buried in photos that need edited. Thankfully I am down to 1-2 weekly sessions this month. Last month was insane at times! A good insane but insane none-the-less. Of course it will be crazy again as soon as orders start coming in but hopefully I will be all caught up by that point :)
Other than that... life is the crazy we call normal and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Until next time...

0 Response to "Last Hurrah"