We had a nice, quiet Valentines Day here at home. Tim and I haven't ever really done a lot for V-day- guess that it just isn't our "thing". This year we decided not to spend any money on one another but instead to try and be creative. If you really want to read about what I did for Tim, you can check out his blog- I won't bore you with my retelling.
Tim made me the "Ultimate V-Day Card", which included games, questions, pictures, and coupons for little treats, (such as Starbucks, Dinner of my choice that he cooks, Evening out on my own (any local girls wanna go out for a girl's nite?), Dinner at Restaurant of my choice, etc...) It was quite sweet of him and definitely creative. :) We had a nice dinner of BBQ ribs and baked potatoes that I prepared (and suprisingly tasted wonderful!) and finished off with some homemade Sugar Cookies that Micah and I baked earlier in the day. All in all it was a nice day and although we don't need a special day to show our love to one another, it is always nice to have a bit of specialness once in awhile ;)
This week has went by so quickly already- I simply can not believe that tomorrow is Thursday already. Friday we are heading down to Southern Ohio for our nephew's 6th birthday party. Micah is SOOO excited about the trip- he just adores Gabe! It will be our first time to visit their new home since they moved to Ohio. Although it will be a short overnight trip, I am excited that we are able to go down and be a part.
Next week I really have to solidify what Micah's birthday party plans are. He is going to be 3 in two weeks from Sunday. I simply can not believe I am going to have a three year old. He is so smart and brings so much joy to our lives- I can't even really remember life without him. We will just be having a small family party as usual, we will save all those big parties for when he is in school and wants to invite his whole class ;) All he cares about is having some sort of cake to blow out candles and a bunch of red balloons like Little Einstein and Dora has on their birthday episodes. He literally talks about those balloons day in and day out- has even added them into his Bible readings in the evenings (didn't you all know that Jesus had red balloons?)
Addie is still trying to figure out this crawling thing- she gets so frustrated! My goodness- I wish I could wave a magic wand and have her suddenly crawl. I wouldn't mind if she didn't just throw herself on the floor and scream this horrid high pitched- "I am dying" cry. It will get better- right? LOL.
I had a great talk with Lindsay last nite- I love having a friend that though we are hundreds of miles away from one another and maybe see each other face to face once or twice a year, we can always pick right up where we last left off. Let me also say, Lindsay is honestly one of the strongest women I know. She unfortunately has had to deal with two miscarriages in the past three years, one recently being of little twins. Somehow she is able to keep going and living life and being the best Mommy to her 1 1/2 yr old son, Xander. She is able to do all this while going to Pharmarcy school full time and fullfilling her dream. Linds has always reached out for the stars and fought for the best in her life. Though I know she longs having another baby in her arms, I admire her for the strength she has shown and I just know that she will be blessed with that again in the future. Things may not always happen in "our time", but that doesn't mean that we are being told no, it may just mean there is something even bigger in store for us than we imagined.
I am off to finish up dinner- chicken chow mein and rice for this evening. Nothing real fancy- but yet tasty none-the-less. I think Ms. Addie will have some peas or carrots- sounds tasty eh? :) We may head out to DQ for some ice cream dessert- that was part of Tim's gift that I put on hold from last nite. I am thinking a nice hot fudge and peanut butter sundae may just be the perfect ending to my evening. Maybe not for my hips, but my tastebuds will be singing a happy song ;)
Tim made me the "Ultimate V-Day Card", which included games, questions, pictures, and coupons for little treats, (such as Starbucks, Dinner of my choice that he cooks, Evening out on my own (any local girls wanna go out for a girl's nite?), Dinner at Restaurant of my choice, etc...) It was quite sweet of him and definitely creative. :) We had a nice dinner of BBQ ribs and baked potatoes that I prepared (and suprisingly tasted wonderful!) and finished off with some homemade Sugar Cookies that Micah and I baked earlier in the day. All in all it was a nice day and although we don't need a special day to show our love to one another, it is always nice to have a bit of specialness once in awhile ;)
This week has went by so quickly already- I simply can not believe that tomorrow is Thursday already. Friday we are heading down to Southern Ohio for our nephew's 6th birthday party. Micah is SOOO excited about the trip- he just adores Gabe! It will be our first time to visit their new home since they moved to Ohio. Although it will be a short overnight trip, I am excited that we are able to go down and be a part.
Next week I really have to solidify what Micah's birthday party plans are. He is going to be 3 in two weeks from Sunday. I simply can not believe I am going to have a three year old. He is so smart and brings so much joy to our lives- I can't even really remember life without him. We will just be having a small family party as usual, we will save all those big parties for when he is in school and wants to invite his whole class ;) All he cares about is having some sort of cake to blow out candles and a bunch of red balloons like Little Einstein and Dora has on their birthday episodes. He literally talks about those balloons day in and day out- has even added them into his Bible readings in the evenings (didn't you all know that Jesus had red balloons?)
Addie is still trying to figure out this crawling thing- she gets so frustrated! My goodness- I wish I could wave a magic wand and have her suddenly crawl. I wouldn't mind if she didn't just throw herself on the floor and scream this horrid high pitched- "I am dying" cry. It will get better- right? LOL.
I had a great talk with Lindsay last nite- I love having a friend that though we are hundreds of miles away from one another and maybe see each other face to face once or twice a year, we can always pick right up where we last left off. Let me also say, Lindsay is honestly one of the strongest women I know. She unfortunately has had to deal with two miscarriages in the past three years, one recently being of little twins. Somehow she is able to keep going and living life and being the best Mommy to her 1 1/2 yr old son, Xander. She is able to do all this while going to Pharmarcy school full time and fullfilling her dream. Linds has always reached out for the stars and fought for the best in her life. Though I know she longs having another baby in her arms, I admire her for the strength she has shown and I just know that she will be blessed with that again in the future. Things may not always happen in "our time", but that doesn't mean that we are being told no, it may just mean there is something even bigger in store for us than we imagined.
I am off to finish up dinner- chicken chow mein and rice for this evening. Nothing real fancy- but yet tasty none-the-less. I think Ms. Addie will have some peas or carrots- sounds tasty eh? :) We may head out to DQ for some ice cream dessert- that was part of Tim's gift that I put on hold from last nite. I am thinking a nice hot fudge and peanut butter sundae may just be the perfect ending to my evening. Maybe not for my hips, but my tastebuds will be singing a happy song ;)

9:32 PM
omgosh...i'm sitting here with tears filling my eyes...how could anyone ask for a better friend than you? that was such a nice thing to hear...and i know you think i am strong but honestly (i am not just saying this to be cheesy or to try and top your sweet comments) whenever i am struggling with anything i ALWAYS pray for some of your grace. i have always admired you for living your life by your the rules that you knew in your heart to be right and following your faith so strongly. you are always making off-hand comments in your blog about needing to be stronger and more devoted to God, but all i ever see is someone who is a model wife mother and friend...today's entry only reinforces that to me! thank you so much for your thoughts of encouragement!
3:46 AM
Awww, Lindsay - you sound like an amazing woman. I'm glad you two have such a wonderful friendship in each other.
I can't believe Micah is gonna be 3!! OMG I am dying over how cute he is talking about his red balloons, even in the Bible stories!!!