Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more
money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it
actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need
to do, in order to have what you want." – Margaret Young
As many of you know, I have had the desire to further my photography obsession, to take it from a fun hobby to a more professional level. Of course it is easy to have big dreams, but making them reality is a bit more of a challenge. Just because I own a nice camera doesn't make me any more of a photographer than it makes Micah one when he uses our camera phone. It isn't enough to dream big dreams and surround myself with the top tools and equipment, it also takes talent.
I believe I have that talent, and well not as refined as many other photographers out there, I feel as though I bring a fresh new perspective that isn't really tapped into in this community. Of course, voices of dissent still ring in my ears, telling me I will never be the person I desire, but what they don't know is that it isn't what I desire, for I am already that person. I have just choosen to sit back and silently let things pass on by for fear that I might fail.
I am slowly realizing the more I relax and let "me" be me, the stronger I become, not only in photography, but throughout my whole life.
What I am trying to say is this. I am who I am. Through my life and my photography, I attempt to connect with, to capture the essence of life. I don't want life to seem stiff and "posed" but instead want to remember life the way that it happens. The good, the bad and the in-between. I don't need years of schooling to acheive this, I just need to allow my heart to take over and look for the little things that make a difference. I need my eyes to see what my heart feels.
As I slowly venture out into the professional world, I hope to remember these lessons. I don't want to get caught up in the "bigger+more=better" b/c if I can't see the world with one eye shut, I need to step back and remember what it is that I am setting out to attain. It is more to me than a job, more than an overglorified hobby, it truly is the essence of who I am.
There have been quite a few plans in process over the last few months and in between sickness, turmoil, and busyness through the church, things developed slower than anticipated. I am finally excited to present a bit of this process with you tonite. While I am still in the beginning stages of business building, I am taking the step to make it all public information :)
With that, I want to present you all with my my proposed business, Expressions Photography and Video. Following is our first business/ promo card design. :) Let me know what you think- but be gentle ;) The bottom line has my phone number but I felt that now is not the time to be releasing that over the internet. If you are interested in more information, please email me :)
money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it
actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need
to do, in order to have what you want." – Margaret Young
As many of you know, I have had the desire to further my photography obsession, to take it from a fun hobby to a more professional level. Of course it is easy to have big dreams, but making them reality is a bit more of a challenge. Just because I own a nice camera doesn't make me any more of a photographer than it makes Micah one when he uses our camera phone. It isn't enough to dream big dreams and surround myself with the top tools and equipment, it also takes talent.
I believe I have that talent, and well not as refined as many other photographers out there, I feel as though I bring a fresh new perspective that isn't really tapped into in this community. Of course, voices of dissent still ring in my ears, telling me I will never be the person I desire, but what they don't know is that it isn't what I desire, for I am already that person. I have just choosen to sit back and silently let things pass on by for fear that I might fail.
I am slowly realizing the more I relax and let "me" be me, the stronger I become, not only in photography, but throughout my whole life.
What I am trying to say is this. I am who I am. Through my life and my photography, I attempt to connect with, to capture the essence of life. I don't want life to seem stiff and "posed" but instead want to remember life the way that it happens. The good, the bad and the in-between. I don't need years of schooling to acheive this, I just need to allow my heart to take over and look for the little things that make a difference. I need my eyes to see what my heart feels.
As I slowly venture out into the professional world, I hope to remember these lessons. I don't want to get caught up in the "bigger+more=better" b/c if I can't see the world with one eye shut, I need to step back and remember what it is that I am setting out to attain. It is more to me than a job, more than an overglorified hobby, it truly is the essence of who I am.
There have been quite a few plans in process over the last few months and in between sickness, turmoil, and busyness through the church, things developed slower than anticipated. I am finally excited to present a bit of this process with you tonite. While I am still in the beginning stages of business building, I am taking the step to make it all public information :)
With that, I want to present you all with my my proposed business, Expressions Photography and Video. Following is our first business/ promo card design. :) Let me know what you think- but be gentle ;) The bottom line has my phone number but I felt that now is not the time to be releasing that over the internet. If you are interested in more information, please email me :)

2:12 AM
i am ready for this new adventure for the both of us!
best of luck.
...to the future!
7:49 AM
good luck jen, keep the faith :)
9:03 AM
Way to go Jen! I wish you & your family all the best as you take this new path. I wish you were closer, I'd hire you in a minute!!
9:11 AM
Hey Jen. We're really glad to see you take your talent to a professional level. You are 100% cabable. So many people would just sit back and say "I wish . . . or I wonder what it would be like if . . ." But, you're actually doing something that you love. We will recommend you to anyone we know who needs pictures. Would you like to do some artwork for a cd cover? Oh wait, you already did that. Thanks again.
Bryan and Robin
9:35 AM
I am so excited for you Jen!! I think it is awesome that you are taking on this venture....you have so much talent!!!! Im ready to hire you anytime!!!!!
The card looks great!!!!