Our Little Laundry Incident

Posted by Jen Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:30 AM
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The other nite, Saturday nite as a matter of fact, our family was merrily sitting around watching TV and spending time with one another. The house was serene and peaceful, with the drone of the washer and dryer being the only extraneous noise.
It wasn't long until the eventual "Buzzzzz" of the dryer and click of the washer alerted us that it was time to switch about our loads of laundry. Tim, being the great DH that he is, went out while I stayed planted in the living room. Soon, my heart started to waver as I heard him say, "oh no" "OH NO" Jennnnnnnn..... I asked him what the matter was, and he told me that I needed to come and see.
The urgency in his voice piqued my curiosity and I went to find out what could be creating the riff in his voice. As I went into the laundry room, there was Tim, holding up a few leprechaun green articles of clothing, which were white just about a half hour before. I stopped, emotions rushing all through my body, and asked how bad it was. He didn't really say a word, but kept pulling out green piece after green piece until I could take it no more. Amazingly I held my composure and started sorting through to really determine the damage. Not one, or two, or three shirts of mine- but at least four or five (which is a whole lot when you are only fitting in about that many shirts) were now a putrid shade of emerald. Socks, Khakis, underwear (which I did have to chuckle at for a second), pajamas, everything was green. As we sorted we found the offending culprit (if you haven't guessed- it was a green crayon) in my lovely child's pocket and then even traces that there may have been one in mine.
Not sure of what else to do, we threw things back in the wash as I practiced trying to get it out of one shirt under the faucet. Pleased with how well it was coming out without too much effort, I thanked my mom under my breath for only buying us washable crayons. After two more washings to the clothing, there were very few hints of the offending color. Somehow we were able to slip through on this one, but the memory of this incident shall not be soon vanquished from my mind. At least now, I can giggle about the prospect of us wearing green skivies but thankfully, that only has to be in my imagination and not a part of actual reality.
If you thought this was funny...read this account of another green crayon.

1 Response to "Our Little Laundry Incident"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Am I still allowed to do laundry?