Ugh- I had this completely posted and was previewing it and somehow lost it 
Adjustment has been a lot easier than I could have ever imagined. Addie is a pretty good baby- we have had one rough nite and started to have another the next nite that was luckily averted. Since then she has slept for five hours or so at a time! Woo Hoo! Of course, she no longer will sleep in the bassinette, but she loves to lie on our bed or sleep in her Carters Bouncer (note- if you are an expectant mom and don't have one of these- run out and get one today!) Nursing is going a bit better- I do hope that the pain continues to lessen though. I don't rememeber this part from Micah and I sure don't like it. There have been quite a few times in the last couple of days when I just feel like giving up on it. I know that it is the best thing for her though and I love the bond it creates between a mother and child. For those reasons, I will push through the pain and still keep seeking that bright light in the end.
It has been great having Tim home this past week and just being able to relax and enjoy family and friends. This week my mom will be here since Tim is helping out with CYF for most of the daytime hours. It should be a fun time- I hope we can relax and just enjoy the time. I know Micah will absolutely love the extra attention.
He has been really good adjusting with not getting the extra so I really hope he feels spoiled this week.
In my spare time (actually, while I am nursing), I have been working on creating the birth announcements. I think I finally came up with a final version, which I am going to post on here so that you all can give feedback. I can still tweak things on it- so don't feel bad if you think it needs something to give it "bang".
Adjustment has been a lot easier than I could have ever imagined. Addie is a pretty good baby- we have had one rough nite and started to have another the next nite that was luckily averted. Since then she has slept for five hours or so at a time! Woo Hoo! Of course, she no longer will sleep in the bassinette, but she loves to lie on our bed or sleep in her Carters Bouncer (note- if you are an expectant mom and don't have one of these- run out and get one today!) Nursing is going a bit better- I do hope that the pain continues to lessen though. I don't rememeber this part from Micah and I sure don't like it. There have been quite a few times in the last couple of days when I just feel like giving up on it. I know that it is the best thing for her though and I love the bond it creates between a mother and child. For those reasons, I will push through the pain and still keep seeking that bright light in the end.
It has been great having Tim home this past week and just being able to relax and enjoy family and friends. This week my mom will be here since Tim is helping out with CYF for most of the daytime hours. It should be a fun time- I hope we can relax and just enjoy the time. I know Micah will absolutely love the extra attention.
He has been really good adjusting with not getting the extra so I really hope he feels spoiled this week.
In my spare time (actually, while I am nursing), I have been working on creating the birth announcements. I think I finally came up with a final version, which I am going to post on here so that you all can give feedback. I can still tweak things on it- so don't feel bad if you think it needs something to give it "bang".
1:45 AM
What a beautiful little girl...Congratulations!