Drs, Shoes and Paint

Posted by Jen Monday, October 10, 2005 8:19 PM
Today I had to go to Mercy and get some more blood work done for the whole kidney issue. I do hope this all ends soon and I can just forget that any of this ever happened. I am have poked and prodded so many times in the past four months I have had enough for now. I am becoming quite a pro though- I don't even flinch now ;)
After my lab work I had to go out and get Addie some new shoes. Supposedly she should be in size 2 right now- but the poor girl swims in them! Of course I have a TON of size 2 shoes and only a pair of sandals in size 1 and since she refuses to keep her socks on we needed to find something for this cooler weather. I found a CUTE pair of pink suede Gap loafers from OUAC for a great price! I actually ended up getting her a pair of blue shoes with little red embroidered flowers as well since they were such a great price. I love stores like this!
Lastly, we talk tonite about paint! That is right- I get to paint the kitchen and the bedroom!!! ROCK ON!! We are also getting a new dishwasher- but I am focusing on the paint right now! So I am thinking we are going to do a golden yellow color for the kitchen- I am so into the warm color scheme right now and being that we have those ummm- green counters--in one area- there isn't a whole lot that will work out there. At one time I had thought I would love a red kitchen but now that I was able to incorporate that color in my living room- I want something new. I went to the paint store tonite and picked up TONS of samples and I think we are down to like five or so. The wood around the top of the cupboards will probably be painted green :) This is the color I have decided on for the bedroom so to save money- I will use it in the kitchen as well. I think it will all look tres cute :) I started taking down some of the wallpaper tonite- that part won't be fun- but it is so worth it!
Here is my photo of the day- I am calling it Forgotten Summer. As I walked out to get the paper this evening I saw Micah's rake sticking out from beneath the sand in his little table. It just made me think about the past warm days and how those are now being replaced with the coolness of fall. His rake and sand have been abandoned for inside toys as have the days of summer. Yeah- I am a sappy dork tonite :) Anyway...here is the picture and Day 11 of the Parental Prayer Challenge.
"Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablets of their hearts." Proverbs 3:3

0 Response to "Drs, Shoes and Paint"