So in keeping with my plan of catching up on updates...we are now onto Saturday. This is the day that we all (our family, Tim's parents, and Tim's sister Abbey and her family) drove down to Minerva Ohio and rode of the Minerva Scenic Railway. We had a WONDERFUL time on the ride :) Micah had to sit next to Gabe and they just were talking away the whole time. This is a special time of year for the railway, as a special visitor comes aboard for the children :) We were served sugar cookies and hot chocolate and then had visits from Frosty, a reindeer, and Mr and Mr Claus. It was quite neat that each child received a gift from Santa- Micah thought his toy train was pretty cool!
After the train ride on Saturday, we drove to Sugarcreek Ohio- down in the Amish/ Swiss community to look at some handcrafted furniture. I just love the workmanship of all of those peices- I would love one of everything in the entire store :) The kids were pretty tired at this point, so while the others shopped Tim sat in the car with Micah. He and Addie both fell asleep on the way home- which gave them enough energy to create quite a ruckus once back at Grandmas. We ordered in some Ermanos pizza and subs and just visited a bit more since we knew that we wouldn't see much of them on Sunday and Monday they were leaving to go home again.
Here are quite a few pictures from our train ride. So sorry there are so many but it was hard to even just whittle it down to this. The kids just had such a great time- I want to share everything. I will have the rest of the pictures up at some point in Yahoo.
(BTW- I fixed a few messed up blog links at the side. I apologize if yours was one of my mistakes- I never really click on them so I didn't notice until up at my parent's house when I wanted to navigate away and didn't have my favorites list. )










After the train ride on Saturday, we drove to Sugarcreek Ohio- down in the Amish/ Swiss community to look at some handcrafted furniture. I just love the workmanship of all of those peices- I would love one of everything in the entire store :) The kids were pretty tired at this point, so while the others shopped Tim sat in the car with Micah. He and Addie both fell asleep on the way home- which gave them enough energy to create quite a ruckus once back at Grandmas. We ordered in some Ermanos pizza and subs and just visited a bit more since we knew that we wouldn't see much of them on Sunday and Monday they were leaving to go home again.
Here are quite a few pictures from our train ride. So sorry there are so many but it was hard to even just whittle it down to this. The kids just had such a great time- I want to share everything. I will have the rest of the pictures up at some point in Yahoo.
(BTW- I fixed a few messed up blog links at the side. I apologize if yours was one of my mistakes- I never really click on them so I didn't notice until up at my parent's house when I wanted to navigate away and didn't have my favorites list. )










10:54 PM
Looks like you all had fun on the train ride! BTW, I remember awhile back on LM I remember you saying you were selling your clairinet. I was wondering if you were still selling it. My parents would like to get one for Mara. Right now she is borrowing a wood one from a friend for now. But if you are still trying to sell it let me know, my parent's are intrested in finding one!
6:35 PM
geez...addie is getting so big! time flies! i love the one of her and tim :) sounds like you had a fun trip on the train...can't wait to hear about the other fun events !