sickness

Posted by Jen Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:16 AM
so the kids were indeed all over their ailments- but for once, it or at least something, was passed on to me. Late on Thursday nite, my throat started being a bit scratchy- nothing unbearable- but a bit tender. Friday morning comes and again, a bit of scratchiness and now a headache that kept worsening throughout the day. I finally took some Tylenol 8 hour and felt at least a bit better. I was able to go over to the church and help out with winter jam registration, but by the time I went to pick up the kids, I was really starting to feel bad. After getting home again, I felt horrible and went up to bed at 11 (which is SO early for me). I was absolutely freezing- I went and got two huge blankets on top of the two already on the bed and threw on a long sleeve shirt and was finally a bit warmer. I sort of fell asleep for an hour or so and then Tim came home to get something and woke me up. We took my temp and then it was almost 101. He turned up the heat for me and told me to call if I needed anything- both kids were sound asleep so there wasn't much he could help with. I couldn't fall back asleep for awhile- I just tossed and turned. About an hour later I took my temp. again and it had went up to 102.5. Blah! It continued at this until around 8 this morning when it finally went down to 101.5 again and I was able to get some medicine.
Now at 11:30, I am feeling a lot better than before though I still have a bit of a fever and my throat is still tender. Argh! Micah is being a bit ornery- which is annoying the heck out of me b/c I really don't feel like dealing with him right now. Why does this have to happen on a weekend when Tim isn't around? So not fair!
If I am still feeling at least this well later on, i hope to get a few new digital LOs done for Winter Scrapfest at Lifetime Moments. I am in charge of running a digital challege every week and I should probably accomplish it myself if I am leading them- eh? :)
I am off now to give the kids bathes and hope my head doesn't explode while moving. I really wanted to be over at the church today but I guess I shouldn't be sharing my germs with all of the other people there. Sigh. This weekend is turning out pretty stinky. I will look at the bright side though- the only person left to get sick is Tim and then hopefully this will be gone from our house until next winter. Wishful thinking- but it is keeping me going right now.

2 Response to "sickness"

  1. Lindsay Says:

    UGH! That's the worst, when you are feeling so poopy and don't want to move but have no one around to help take care of the baby :) poor jen...i am sending my get better soon's over to you!

  2. Shannon Bieger Says:

    Awww = ( You guys cannot catch a break! I bet you're READY for spring already!