Micah's Crush

Posted by Jen Monday, March 27, 2006 10:13 PM
Lets all join together and say, "Awww" :) Yes, my 3 year old son has his first crush- and it is on a 15 year old girl named Sam. Everyday he wants to know if he can go see Sam. See, Sam is a girl from our church youth group that has babysat for us a few times and Micah has always liked her, but lately he has grown a bit fonder. Last nite I took both kids over for a youth pizza party and Micah found Sam right away. They were inseperable- whereever Sam was, there Micah was as well. At one point, they somehow were apart and Sam sat down on one of the couches next to one of our male youth. Micah realized he wasn't with Sam and ran back in the room to find her. He went over to the couch and his face just dropped when he saw that someone else was next to his, "Sammie". He told the boy that was "his seat" and started to cry. Poor lil guy ;) Thankfully the boy obliged and Micah was once again with his Sammie.
This continued throughout tonite- we are having revival services at our church so we headed back over this evening. As soon as we entered, Micah wanted to find Sam to play. He was so brokenhearted when she wasn't watching him in his class tonite. Being the sweetie that she is, she went and found him afterwards and played around with him a bit before leaving. Micah wouldn't walk outside without her- he held her hand, not wanting to let go until she got in her car to leave. Who knows what tomorrow will bring ;)

There really hasn't been much going on in our household the last day or so. I am slowly starting a spring clean and taking some of the heavier winter things out of the closet. It is actually supposed to get in the 60s by the end of the week and I am SOOO ready for it. I think I may try to start running a bit again. Nothing real strenuous, but I want to feel vibrant and alive again and I think a bit of exercise will help. I would really love to start playing tennis again- but they didn't even put up the nets at the park next to us last year :( Even if they were there, it isn't as if Tim and I would get much of a chance to play with two little ones.

The rest of this week is pretty laid back. Tomorrow and Wednesday I think I am just working more on some houshold chores. If it stays nice, we will try and go out to the park a bit- I am sure both kids would enjoy that- as would I :) In the evenings, we have services at church until Wednesday- it has been very refreshing thus far. Thursday I am out to shop- picking Micah up a booster seat and stocking Addie up on some more fruit puffs and wagon wheels and then a few groceries. Friday we are just hanging around the house and spending family time together since nothing else is planned and then Saturday we invited some friends over for dinner and just to hang out- should be a fun time :) My life so so thrilling- doesn't it? LOL

It is getting close to 11 and I think I am off to relax and read a new magazine. Hopefully tonite is a bit smoother than last nite- Micah woke up around 2am in one of his stupors- totally freaking Tim and I out. He was screaming and craying for about 45 mins before we could calm him down- of course that woke Addie up. After finally getting them both to sleep again, Addie tried to wake up early- she was off and on for two hours or so before finally going back into a deep sleep. I pray we don't have to go through that again- if you haven't ever been there- let me just tell you- it IS NOT fun!!

I have no new pictures or scrapbook LOs to share- sorry ;) Maybe I will make up for it later in the week.

2 Response to "Micah's Crush"

  1. Lindsay Says:

    YEAH!! I am the first to comment-HA! i beat everyone! :) that is the CUTEST story about micah's little crush! I can just see him crying for the seat next to his "girl" and then when he got it sitting up there with still wet eyes and a big, shy grin on his face!! How sweet is he?? hope your night goes better than last!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Too cute about Micah!!! If you ever run short of a babysitter, you know who Micah will be picking!:)
    We are having those long nights here as well. Aiden woke up so many times last night. Don't you love the flu season? I know you guys are ready for spring just to get over all of the sickness!