well I guess technically it was still Easter, but three of us in the household had no part in any celebration. The kids have no idea a holiday has passed and though tomorrow will be our sorta "celebration" day, it just won't be the same.
On Easter morning, around 6am, I heard this sorta coughing, choking sound coming from Micah. Panicked, I jumped out of bed, flipped on the lights and my eyes were and ears were met with a crying, scared Micah whom was covered (as was the floor, blankets, Elmo, everything in his path) with his stomach contents of the day before. Neither of the kids have ever gotten sick to this point- so I have never had to face this until then. Thankfully, though Tim didn't have much time before he had to be at the church for sunrise service, he was still home and was able to assist me in cleanup and figuring out the next step. After cleanup, the three of us headed downstairs to camp out (Addie was awoken during this process) and Micah continued to empty his stomach from every possible area throughout the early morning hours. Sometime during early afternoon, he spiked quite a high fever and it was off an on throughout the remainder of the day. By the evening, he was acting a bit better, fever was pretty stable around 100 and he had a restful evening of sleep.
Thankfully, this morning he seemed to be a lot better- no fever and since there wasn't anything in his stomach after yesterday- nothing to empty out today. I did manage to have him eat a few crackers this morning and drink some Sprite and he has snacked off an on throughout the day. Although he isn't eating much, he seems to be mostly back to his normal self. Right now he is whining about something or other ;) Hopefully his appetite will continually increase as the rest of this bug releases from his body- now to hope and pray that the rest of us stay clear.
To bring a bit of brighter look at the weekend- let me rewind to Friday when we traveled up to my parents house to celebrate a few days early. Being that both of my parents were to be working when we planned to arrive, we decided to stop at the outlets in Aurora on the way up and make a fun day of shopping :) I snagged a few great bargains at Children's Place for the kids for summer (shorts and shirts for Micah, tennis shoes and capris for Addie and some winter snowboots), a few cute things at Gap for myself, Tim and both kids (shirts and capris for me, pjs for Addie, shirt for Micah, and shorts and shirt for Tim), shoes and shirts for both of us at Adidas (since I am starting to run again, I needed new running shoes), and a shirt for Tim and skirt for me at Tommy. I tried on a cute bathing suit top and a cute bottom at Tommy- but unfortunately the top I liked I hated the bottom and vice versa. Blech! I hate bathing suit time. The kids are mostly complete clothing wise for the summer- Addie needs sandals and Micah needs sandals and khaki shorts. I am pretty happy with myself :)
After shopping we headed to my parents and had a fun evening of chatting and letting the kids play with Grandma and Poppa.
On Saturday Micah helped my Mom color some Easter eggs (he is a tad bit rough with them ;) ) and then we headed to Mentor so Tim could go to the music store he likes and the Christian Bookstore to pick up resources, and we could get a strap cover for the seat belt since it was ripping into Micah's neck since switching him to the booster seat.
We stopped in at Old Navy as well and I picked up a few more cute shirts for myself and my Mom bought herself some summer shirts as well. While we were there- Tim purchased a ton of great new youth resources (he is quite excited!) and a few new cds for himself (which I am not real thrilled about). So yeah- we spent a lot of money this weekend- but we have been really good so far this year on not purchasing extras for ourselves and actually had the money set aside so it all worked out. We all had a lot of fun and glad that this all happened before Micah got sick.
This afternoon brought Addie to her 10 month Dr. appointment and those are NEVER fun. The poor girl cries if anyone even looks at her after she is in the exam room- and that is SO not her- it is as if she knows exactly what is going to happen. Anyway, she still has a bit of a diaper rash though the Dr. doesn't seem concerned (I still am...) and has lost a bit of weight (again- no concern apparently- she was a bit large for her age but now resides solidly in the 50% for both height and weight), and received the lovely TB test (actually she cried less at this than the Dr. looking in her ears). We go back Weds. for the reading of this- hoping it shows nothing (and believing this will be the case).
It is supposed to be beautiful this week- thank goodness- spring is finally here to stay (at least I sure hope so!). Tomorrow we are going to walk up to the high school to watch the track meet and softball games since some of our youth will be playing/running. It should be a fun time- it is supposed to be 65 and sunny- can't ask for too much better :) I hope the rest of this week continues the same way- I LOVE to be outside and am so ready to live outdoors as much as possible in the coming months.
I haven't had a chance to really upload any pictures from the early weekend and until we fake things tomorrow, I have nothing of Easter to show. To close I just want to congratulate my friends Brad and Krystal of their wonderful news and can't wait to find out if Addie will be getting a Sister or Brother-in-law ;)
On Easter morning, around 6am, I heard this sorta coughing, choking sound coming from Micah. Panicked, I jumped out of bed, flipped on the lights and my eyes were and ears were met with a crying, scared Micah whom was covered (as was the floor, blankets, Elmo, everything in his path) with his stomach contents of the day before. Neither of the kids have ever gotten sick to this point- so I have never had to face this until then. Thankfully, though Tim didn't have much time before he had to be at the church for sunrise service, he was still home and was able to assist me in cleanup and figuring out the next step. After cleanup, the three of us headed downstairs to camp out (Addie was awoken during this process) and Micah continued to empty his stomach from every possible area throughout the early morning hours. Sometime during early afternoon, he spiked quite a high fever and it was off an on throughout the remainder of the day. By the evening, he was acting a bit better, fever was pretty stable around 100 and he had a restful evening of sleep.
Thankfully, this morning he seemed to be a lot better- no fever and since there wasn't anything in his stomach after yesterday- nothing to empty out today. I did manage to have him eat a few crackers this morning and drink some Sprite and he has snacked off an on throughout the day. Although he isn't eating much, he seems to be mostly back to his normal self. Right now he is whining about something or other ;) Hopefully his appetite will continually increase as the rest of this bug releases from his body- now to hope and pray that the rest of us stay clear.
To bring a bit of brighter look at the weekend- let me rewind to Friday when we traveled up to my parents house to celebrate a few days early. Being that both of my parents were to be working when we planned to arrive, we decided to stop at the outlets in Aurora on the way up and make a fun day of shopping :) I snagged a few great bargains at Children's Place for the kids for summer (shorts and shirts for Micah, tennis shoes and capris for Addie and some winter snowboots), a few cute things at Gap for myself, Tim and both kids (shirts and capris for me, pjs for Addie, shirt for Micah, and shorts and shirt for Tim), shoes and shirts for both of us at Adidas (since I am starting to run again, I needed new running shoes), and a shirt for Tim and skirt for me at Tommy. I tried on a cute bathing suit top and a cute bottom at Tommy- but unfortunately the top I liked I hated the bottom and vice versa. Blech! I hate bathing suit time. The kids are mostly complete clothing wise for the summer- Addie needs sandals and Micah needs sandals and khaki shorts. I am pretty happy with myself :)
After shopping we headed to my parents and had a fun evening of chatting and letting the kids play with Grandma and Poppa.
On Saturday Micah helped my Mom color some Easter eggs (he is a tad bit rough with them ;) ) and then we headed to Mentor so Tim could go to the music store he likes and the Christian Bookstore to pick up resources, and we could get a strap cover for the seat belt since it was ripping into Micah's neck since switching him to the booster seat.
We stopped in at Old Navy as well and I picked up a few more cute shirts for myself and my Mom bought herself some summer shirts as well. While we were there- Tim purchased a ton of great new youth resources (he is quite excited!) and a few new cds for himself (which I am not real thrilled about). So yeah- we spent a lot of money this weekend- but we have been really good so far this year on not purchasing extras for ourselves and actually had the money set aside so it all worked out. We all had a lot of fun and glad that this all happened before Micah got sick.
This afternoon brought Addie to her 10 month Dr. appointment and those are NEVER fun. The poor girl cries if anyone even looks at her after she is in the exam room- and that is SO not her- it is as if she knows exactly what is going to happen. Anyway, she still has a bit of a diaper rash though the Dr. doesn't seem concerned (I still am...) and has lost a bit of weight (again- no concern apparently- she was a bit large for her age but now resides solidly in the 50% for both height and weight), and received the lovely TB test (actually she cried less at this than the Dr. looking in her ears). We go back Weds. for the reading of this- hoping it shows nothing (and believing this will be the case).
It is supposed to be beautiful this week- thank goodness- spring is finally here to stay (at least I sure hope so!). Tomorrow we are going to walk up to the high school to watch the track meet and softball games since some of our youth will be playing/running. It should be a fun time- it is supposed to be 65 and sunny- can't ask for too much better :) I hope the rest of this week continues the same way- I LOVE to be outside and am so ready to live outdoors as much as possible in the coming months.
I haven't had a chance to really upload any pictures from the early weekend and until we fake things tomorrow, I have nothing of Easter to show. To close I just want to congratulate my friends Brad and Krystal of their wonderful news and can't wait to find out if Addie will be getting a Sister or Brother-in-law ;)
11:32 PM
Addie is 10 months already. I knew that, but it was yesterday she was 9 months and a couple of days ago she was born. lol I don't think I have heard of docs. giving the TB test in babies before, but those are the worse, I have passed out a couple of times from that one. And matt's is positive. But Addie wouldn't get it from him because you can only get it from someone who has active TB, which Matt does not.
Hope that Micah keeps feeling better and will be able to eat some more!
Mara likes her clairinet as well!!