Beautiful Day

Posted by Jen Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:32 PM
After the heat and humidity of yesterday (our car read 94 and I saw that with the heat index and humidity it felt over 100) I was ready for a break. Thankfully that break came sooner than later. Today was a perfect 84ish degrees- what I truly love in the summer.
With the cool down in temperatures, we also had a cool down in our schedule- today we were home for most of the day and it was SO nice!! The only reason we left the house was to have dinner at Tim's parents- and who the heck can resist a dinner that you don't have to cook- surely not I! :)
Since we were home, we actually had time to pull out the little pool today and give the kids some time to swim- which they both absolutely loved. It is amazing what a year has done to Micah- he is a maniac- and little Addie is right in his footsteps. From slipping down the slide to splashing and free standing- both of them had a blast. Of course I got some pictures- what good photographer Mommie wouldn't ;)

Tomorrow is another free day where I hope to finally finish laundry, putting things away, cleaning the rest of the house and cooking a nice full meal for dinner. BTW- another highlight of today- fresh fruit salad for lunch (which I finished off a few hours later- ekk!). I just love the freshness that summer brings and all of these fruit choices are at the top of my list.

I know there are a few people who probably feel as though I have abandoned them this summer- but please please don't feel that way. We have just been so absolutely busy that my head is spinning around a million miles a minute. I hope after another full day home tomorrow I can slowly start adding fun things back into my schedule. I do have a few photo shoots scheduled in here and there and a visit from my parents next week, but other than that- we are free sailing :) Look for an email or call from me soon- we totally need to catch up!!

I think I am off for some "me" time right now. The "Contender" comes on in 20 or so minutes and I want to read a bit more in my new book before it begins. I have really been trying to fit in more time like this in every day and I totally am loving the joy it brings me. It is the little things that make me happy- life is funny like that. I hope you too all take time for yourselves every now and then- everyone needs it :)
In closing I will share a few pictures from swimming today. Micah was being his little comedeic self and Addie was just enjoying the environment around her. These surely aren't stellar but I didn't want to take the time to work on these before posting. They aren't too shabby for being SOC so eh- if you remember they are just snapshots, we will call it all fun :) Love ya all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Response to "Beautiful Day"

  1. Unknown Says:

    it almost feels weird being home...

    gotta love the ohio sun!

  2. Robin Says:

    is that addie standing up in the pool all by herself?? is that a first? have a nice week, I know we're enjoying being home for once too!!