You Smell Like Helmet

Posted by Jen Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:39 PM
Huh? This was my random phrase generated by my alligator buddy. (Sorry this is only available for my mac buddies) Somehow, this struck me funny and thus became the title of my post.

So today was quite the lackluster day. Well, lets start with yesterday instead ;) I watched my friend Krystal's little boy Jeremiah for a few hours and I honestly got more done around the house having three kids around than I usually get with my own two. He completely entertained my kids (was a buffer for their picking at one another) and peace reigned supreme. Maybe I need to babysit more often ;)
Today started off with a Dr. visit for Mr. Micah. He had this annoying summer cold and then got a bit of redness under his nose (which I thought was due to him rubbing off the snot and such- which it did start out as that apparently). I noticed a few little dots (almost chicken pox like) on his chin and one ear and though I should probably have the Dr. see him just to be cautious. Well, it just so happens his snot got into his raw area from his rubbing and created a raging bacterial infection AND his eardrum looks to be perforated (he woke up this morning with drainage) from the cold. BLECH! He never complained at all so I never had any idea any of this could be going on- I feel like a bad Mommy. He is now on amoxicillan, a bacterial cream and ear drops. THANKFULLY, my child likes to take medicine and is actually even letting me put the drops in his ear without a fight. Hopefully this will all clear up soon and it isn't a precursor to another fall/winter of sickness this year.
Following the Dr. visit, we went to Pat Catans and picked up some stuff for the youth and Micah chose a few art items for the cooler days ahead. He was so excited that we had to pop them right open when we got home and create. Our first project was fingerpainting- he had fun mixing colors and making new ones and just the fun of painting in general. Following that adventure, we worked on learning how to write the lowercase letter l and m and matched words that began with the letter m. He is sooo stinkin smart- and just LOVES to learn. He would have sat for hours and let me teach him, but I honestly don't have patience for more than a half hour at a time- that and the fact that Addie was also demanding my attention ;)
Next was nap time- for Mommy as well. The late nites caught up to me and I just crashed. It felt sooo good- I am completely refreshed now :)
I figured out how to get proofing galleries up on my website so I am able to do proofs online as well as in person :) This is a great added feature and will work GREAT for those clients that aren't just a stone's throw away.

Tomorrow Tim is heading out to golf again (without me I might add :( ) . After he gets home, I am running out the Best Buy to return a router and pick up a few things sans children. (Should I make sure they nap while I am home and make sure they are up for when Tim comes back ;) ) Saturday is our annual Coffman family Labor Day get-together so I need to get ready for that. I guess I should probably straighten a few things up around here since the kids left out most of their toys (which is actually ok- they needed to be in bed more than I needed them to pick up their toys- yep, one of those evenings)

0 Response to "You Smell Like Helmet"