
Can it be that is was five years ago? Can that much time really have past already- when I can still so vividly remember the day the towers fell? My heart goes out to all those families directly affected by the horrible events that unfolded that day, may God be with you as you face life without those that you lost that day. Even in the darkest of times, He promises to be there with you, and while it may be hard to see, I truely believe that He is.
Sept. 11, 2001
8:00 Social work class at Malone College
Class lets out early admist reports of a plane hitting a tower in New York. My mind races, "twin towers" what, where, what a horrible accident. We all believed that, that it truely was just some horrible accident.
As I stood in the lobby just outside the bookstore, I caught glimpse of the TV and stood in disbelief as yet another plane hit the second tower. I stood numb, so many thoughts running through my mind. I knew then, as did the rest of the world, it was no accident, America was under attack. In a flood of emotion I stood rooted, staring and waiting, not sure what was going to happen next. I finally pried myself from the tv and headed to my car to call Tim and ask if he heard the news. He had just gotten home from a staff breakfast and was watching the events unfold on tv. It was then the tears and fears came. "Was this the end, had life as I knew it come to an end?, Would I see Tim, my family, etc... " I have no idea how I drove home that day, but I came in to embrace Tim and we stayed glued to the tv the next few days, only prying ourselves away to relieve some of the pain and disbelief.
It was that day that America, all of America cried. Whether or not we were directly affected, somehow it hit home. All of our dividing lines were washed away and we stood united, and many turned to God for comfort. It was through Him that I have been able to face life, knowing that He has said, "Do Not Fear" "I am with You" "I will not leave nor forsake you" and I believe with my whole heart that to be true. Although our enemies will use fear to try and defeat us, His promise is stronger and I know He will come out on top.
That day is forever burned in my mind, our generations "JFK" , a time and place that marks history in a way we will never forget. Though life has moved on, it will never ever be the same again.
(for a powerful collage of images, visit AP Photo Collage
3:48 PM
Jenn
I love the new look.