Life Comes at You Fast

Posted by Jen Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:44 PM
and I simply can not believe that a week has already past. Do I have much to show for it? I am not completely sure... but here is a rundown in case you have been missing my presence ;)

MICAH
Last week Micah had a bit of a rough day at school Wednesday- he didn't have his "listening ears" on and had to miss out on sharing his Turkey feather that we had completed at home. He had been soo excited about sharing- so although I was upset that he didn't listen, I also knew his heart had to be aching since he had to miss out on sharing.
Micah has also began to tell us about certain "special friends" and for some reason- they are all girls. YIKES!! What is he doing having "special friends" already?
I did however sort of meet one of the girls- Micah pointed her out to me on Monday and she covered her face when Micah looked at her. LOL Silly kids ;)
Micah had his second swimming class last week and did really well again. I am so glad we went with the older class rather than the Mommy and me. I really think he will thrive the more he gets used to this new routine.

Weekend
This past weekend was our youth groups annual "Atwood Retreat" and we took our largest group ever- with 40 teens and numerous adults. I had a cabin of 8 girls and let me say... they can be quite loud at 5am. Aye aye aye!! It was a great weekend all in all and I am very happy that I was able to be a part this year.
The kids spent the weekend with Tim's parents and for Addie's first time being away from me at night- she did really well. I guess she did cry a bit both nites but it wasn't anything that lasted long.
The best part was when we came to pick them up and Ms. Addie came running to me saying, "Mommy". I didn't want to let her go- I missed them both soooo much but knowing that they were in good hands helped ease the pain.

Current
I have been preparing this week for NYWC which is coming up fast. It is always a great time and this year will be no different. Micah will be staying with Tim's sister Abbey and he is more than excited about it. Addie will be going along with us as another youth leader friend of ours daughter (did that make any sense) will be going along to help us out. I am not sure I could have left Addie that long- so this all works absolutely perfectly!

I simply can not believe that next week is Thanksgiving- say it isn't so!! I don't think we are traveling anywhere- having Micah in school put a crimp in our plans this year. I was hoping he would be off the day before- but he is instead off the Monday after. I would just take him out that day but they are having a huge Thanksgiving feast and they have been building up to it this entire month and I really don't want him to miss out. Hopefully something will work out though for my family to come and visit us sometime during the weekend.
I also talked to a friend to nite and it may just work out that we are able to get together that weekend for a photo session of her cute pregnant belly and Christmas pictures. I really hope it all works out- not just to take pictures but so that I can see her one last time pregnant- for baby Avery will be here before we know it :)

sooo...that is pretty much my last week in a nutshell. Ohh- I forgot to mention that I also placed third in a photo contest- nothing that was a big deal- but eh- it is something. :)
Ohh- another thing- you have have a moment to offer oup a good thought for two of my SIL's who are currently on a mission trip in Guatemala this week. All I have heard is that they arrived safely- looking forward to hearing all they were able to accomplish :)

With that, I have a few things I need to finish up before bed and then I should probably turn in a bit earlier than I have the last few nites. That is another story in and of itself though- lol. If only the rest of the world were night owls like I ;)

0 Response to "Life Comes at You Fast"