Last nite when my friend Robin and I were talking, she sent me to her myspace page which was playing this beautiful music from an artist named "J J Heller" I had never heard of her but really liked what I heard so I went off on a search of her stuff. Thankfully I still had some money left in my account on Itunes and I promptly bought most of her stuff. Anyway... I thought I would share one of the songs that really stood out to me with it being the Easter season and such. It is called, "Mary's Song" and you can hear a clip of it here.
Following are the lyrics, which are quite powerful to me and I hope they are to you as well.
The way that your laughter filled our home
But now you’re a naked man on a splintered cross
What have we done to you oh Lord
Forgive me if I can’t stand to watch you suffering
The weight of the world suspended from iron
Oh Jesus
The Lamb of God
My little boy
Forgive me if I am not ready to bury my son
Somehow I knew that this day would come
But I never wanted to say goodbye
No…
Following are the lyrics, which are quite powerful to me and I hope they are to you as well.
Mary's Song
I still remember all your favorite gamesThe way that your laughter filled our home
But now you’re a naked man on a splintered cross
What have we done to you oh Lord
Forgive me if I can’t stand to watch you suffering
The weight of the world suspended from iron
Oh Jesus
The Lamb of God
My little boy
Forgive me if I am not ready to bury my son
Somehow I knew that this day would come
But I never wanted to say goodbye
No…
1:19 AM
yea JJ :) I'm glad you like her!
10:33 AM
ok, so i know i am WAY behind, but there just doesn't seem to be any "me" time left these days...I LOVE your blog's new look! I am totally into aqua/teal these days, so i am feeling the new blog:) i took the kids to get their pics taken yesterday and they were sportin' an aqua theme! as i drove home from the studio i thought how i would much rather have given my 150$ to you b/c #1 i like you better and #2 the pictures would have been better and WAY more original!! good thing i have cute kids making the photographer look good! wait till i get them back i will email you a copy and you will barf! :)