Week in Review

Posted by Jen Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:02 PM
Although we have been home this week, it has been busy none-the-less. I can not believe that another weekend is here and almost gone which means another week closer to the end of summer. Time simply goes too fast these days.

Most of our evenings were spent at VBS this week- both kids had a wonderful time and greatly enjoyed their "Avalanche Ranch" adventure. Addie was able to move up into the preschool class b/c of low numbers in the nursery and let me say, that was the best thing that could have happened for her. She was an absolute angel (at least that is what they tell me ;) ) and came home telling me all about her story every nite.

I had two senior photo shoots this week- thankfully the rain held off for a few hours. I think that things went really well- and totally excited to be editing them this coming week. I have a few others coming up in August- and hopefully a few others will pop up before summer's end.
In other business news, I have one wedding this fall, two possible next year and two scheduled family shoots coming up early fall. I love what I do so it is totally exciting to see my schedule start to fill up as my name gets around the area. If you are from the Stark County area and are in need of pictures or know someone else who is, let them know I am booking for fall at this time :)

Being that this week was so dark and grey, we didn't get out all that often- which can be frustrating as a parent. Thankfully the kids were creative with their play and all in all, it wasn't too bad. We did go to a new park yesterday and the kids had a blast until the rain cut our trip a bit short. Thankfully they ran out their energy before the weather changed, and both slept the entire way home. Peaceful ride for Tim and I ;)

I have been working on cleaning out the kids closets again- getting ready for the cooler weather around the corner. We have sat aside SO many clothes they have outgrown- our attic is becoming overrun with the excess. Tim told me to go through them, only keep what I really really want and we will try to sell the rest. So... I started on that a bit yesterday- such a task. I sold some already earlier this spring and have two big totes already set aside from my first effort. So... either a) we are going to try a late garage sale in August or b) I will list to the clothing list I belong to or c) hold off on a garage sale until next year. I really don't want to do c) so hopefully either a) or b) will pan out. I have gone through a made quite a large bag for goodwill as well... crazy how many clothes the kids amass so quickly!!

The weather is supposed to be nice this coming week so hopefully we will be outside a lot and able to use the pool a bit before the weather cools down. I know the kids would definitely enjoy it :)

2 Response to "Week in Review"

  1. Heather Says:

    I've been cleaning out closets too. If you have any boys stuff, say 4s & 5s, put it up on the list. I might be very interested!

  2. Nikki Says:

    I could always use girl clothes :) if you have any smaller sizes you can add those to the list too :)

    I have not seen you around much this week, I hope everything is okay with you and your family and you are all out enjoying the last bit of summer.

    Nikki