"Post Button"

Posted by Jen Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:23 AM
If you have a blogger blog, you know there are two buttons, either save or publish. Well... if you hit save, it does not publish... which is exactly what I did the other nite. I was going to ask for prayers for my dad as he went in and had a knee replacement yesterday but since that is over it is sorta futile. He could still use prayers for a quick and full recovery though :)

This past week was kinda crazy weather wise. If you didn't hear, a monster snow storm went through and dumped lots 'o snow on us... though we fared much better than areas up north (namely right where my parents live) Being that bad weather was forecast, we decided not to venture out to PA for our family Christmas gathering and it was a good thing we did. Being that we had told the kids they were going to see Santa and we really did want them to have that experience, we ventured out thinking we would beat the storm. Boy were we wrong! In a matter of about 20 minutes there was an inch of snow and every person in NE Ohio forgot how to drive. Traffic was at a standstill and a stretch of road that would normally take maybe 3-5 minutes took us over an hour to travel. (note... this is more b/c of traffic and NOT bad road conditions) Argghh!! BUT... we did see Santa, ate at Fridays as a treat and eventually made it home again.

After all the snow Saturday, we had freezing rain then rain the rest of the nite/ morning so it was a nice slushy mess for church. By Sunday evening however, we were getting quite a bit more snow and we weren't sure whether to have the youth Christmas party or not... we went with it and had a great time.

Yesterday was my Dad's surgery, and I drove up to be with my Mom after taking Micah to school. It was snowing a bit here when I left but got really sunny half way there until I hit the invisible snow-belt line and suddenly I was in the midst of a snowstorm. Thankfully the roads were mostly clear and I made it in relatively good time. I got there spent time with my Mom, brother and Aunt and after a TON of delays, finally got to see my dad. He looked good... had been in quite a bit of pain at first, they actually installed something in his leg to do a nerve block but all in all he was doing great. The Dr. said surgery went well and we are now just hoping he heals well so he can be home Friday for our family Christmas.
I actually had a great drive up there... I love traveling when it is nice and throw on some good tunes and I am set. I listened to "Behold the Lamb" both there and home and specifically, "Labor of Love" numerous times and it really got me in the right mindset for Christmas.

Today I am babysitting (only one thus far until the other two are dropped off... and she is sleeping :) ) and have to make cookies for Micah's party at school tomorrow. I can't believe Christmas is a week away... guess I should mail out those cards- eh? LOL.

3 Response to ""Post Button""

  1. Heather Says:

    Jen-Hope your dad heals quickly. My dad just had knee replacement on the 3rd. He was home on the 6th. He's walking with a cane now and doing great. Pain still there but much better than earlier. We're told 6 weeks before feeling somewhat normal.

  2. Kurt and Carla Says:

    Glad to hear the surgery went well. We'll definitely keep your dad in our prayers for a quick recovery.

  3. Shannon Bieger Says:

    Wow, all that snow can really throw a wrench in your plans huh?

    I hope your Dad heals quickly!!