teasing Mr. Crocodile... you can't catch me!! Along came a crocodile and "SNAP" Only Four little Monkeys...
This little story has been running through my head since around 10:00 this morning when I went in to read to Micah's preschool class. They had reading centers today and asked a few parents to come in and assist with reading stories to them. I really haven't been able to help out the other time, but his teacher told me to bring Addie along and oh my did she have fun. She fit right into class and Micah was so proud to have her there- showing her off to everyone!
My center was reading a story about five little monkeys in a tree that teased a crocodile... I had a little puppet and had each kid hold a monkey until the crocodile snapped it away. They had such a blast!
I then got to stay for the rest of the day- they were supposed to have chapel but the leader was sick so they had a bit of free play time. A ton of kids came over wanting me to read to them- it was funny b/c my kids were no where near me. After that was music and man are some of those kids crazy!! I had two that had to be near me the whole time and another that kept laying her head on me. Of course, once again, my kids weren't near me- they were up right with the teacher. LOL Addie knew most of the songs and was singing right along and learning the motions from all of the other kids.
I had a great time and it was so fun to see what goes on and how Micah interacts with the other kids and how he took pride in having Addie there. She loved every bit of it and can't wait to go on their field trip Friday. I just know she will be heartbroken when she can't go back to his classroom on Monday. She had such a great time and is already sacked out on the couch from exhaustion.
In other news...
I have been plodding away at my huge "to do" list. Micah's first baseball class was cancelled last nite b/c of snow so I got a few things done that I might not have otherwise. i still have yet to go shopping for things but eh... I have what- two more days? LOL I have faith it will all come together- remember- I work best under pressure! I have to keep telling myself that anyways ;)
On a totally different subject...
While I was going about my work today, my Itunes shuffled to the following song and I remembered how much I like it. What a great reminder to all of us. How often do we go about our lives and not think about those that don't quite fit our "mold" Unfortunately, I think it happens all to often and I will be the first to say that I am guilty. I think we all are to some extent and I know that it is something that might only take a few minutes of time to remedy. You never know what a kind word, smile, a note of encouragement might mean to someone.
I challenge you all to watch the following video and then do something about it. Send a note to someone you know might be hurting or even just having a rough day. Call someone, email... Take someone lunch, offer to babysit... Just let someone know that yes, you do see them and that you even when it seems they are invisible to the rest of the world, they matter to you.
I have been in this girl's position more than I like to recall and sometimes it just takes a smile to make all the difference...
This little story has been running through my head since around 10:00 this morning when I went in to read to Micah's preschool class. They had reading centers today and asked a few parents to come in and assist with reading stories to them. I really haven't been able to help out the other time, but his teacher told me to bring Addie along and oh my did she have fun. She fit right into class and Micah was so proud to have her there- showing her off to everyone!
My center was reading a story about five little monkeys in a tree that teased a crocodile... I had a little puppet and had each kid hold a monkey until the crocodile snapped it away. They had such a blast!
I then got to stay for the rest of the day- they were supposed to have chapel but the leader was sick so they had a bit of free play time. A ton of kids came over wanting me to read to them- it was funny b/c my kids were no where near me. After that was music and man are some of those kids crazy!! I had two that had to be near me the whole time and another that kept laying her head on me. Of course, once again, my kids weren't near me- they were up right with the teacher. LOL Addie knew most of the songs and was singing right along and learning the motions from all of the other kids.
I had a great time and it was so fun to see what goes on and how Micah interacts with the other kids and how he took pride in having Addie there. She loved every bit of it and can't wait to go on their field trip Friday. I just know she will be heartbroken when she can't go back to his classroom on Monday. She had such a great time and is already sacked out on the couch from exhaustion.
In other news...
I have been plodding away at my huge "to do" list. Micah's first baseball class was cancelled last nite b/c of snow so I got a few things done that I might not have otherwise. i still have yet to go shopping for things but eh... I have what- two more days? LOL I have faith it will all come together- remember- I work best under pressure! I have to keep telling myself that anyways ;)
On a totally different subject...
While I was going about my work today, my Itunes shuffled to the following song and I remembered how much I like it. What a great reminder to all of us. How often do we go about our lives and not think about those that don't quite fit our "mold" Unfortunately, I think it happens all to often and I will be the first to say that I am guilty. I think we all are to some extent and I know that it is something that might only take a few minutes of time to remedy. You never know what a kind word, smile, a note of encouragement might mean to someone.
I challenge you all to watch the following video and then do something about it. Send a note to someone you know might be hurting or even just having a rough day. Call someone, email... Take someone lunch, offer to babysit... Just let someone know that yes, you do see them and that you even when it seems they are invisible to the rest of the world, they matter to you.
I have been in this girl's position more than I like to recall and sometimes it just takes a smile to make all the difference...
3:11 PM
cool thoughts ;)
glad you got to go to his class today...