Sometimes it is so nice to get away

Posted by Jen Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:59 PM
We were able to escape up to the lake this past weekend and after being at the cottage a few days, I wish I could be there the whole summer. There is just something about such a picturesque location such as Lakeside...
We actually didn't get to spend too much time soaking it all in, we actually had a ton of work to do to open things up and ready the cottage for renters since Tim's Mom hasn't been able to get up there. Through a lot of teamwork, I think we accomplished most everything and the cottage is ready for the summer season to begin.

The kids had a blast with their cousins... it will be nice that they are moving a bit closer. Harper is actually coming to stay with us for a week... that shall be a ton of fun :) Seriously- both of my kids are already anticipating it and we still have almost 2 months!! I have quite a few pictures of their antics but those will have to wait as they are still on my memory card. I was the "official" photographer to capture all of the work we did for Tim's Mom so I definitely have a lot to show ;)


Tonite begins the official t-ball season here at our house. From now until July we have 2 games a week... and unfortunately it is wet and cold for the kick off. Blech!! I am already dreading sitting out in this :( but know that Micah will have a blast. I figure Tim will probably video tape some of it and I am sure I will get some pics unless it is still sprinkling so I will also have all of that to share as well. I see a picture heavy post coming in the next day or so.

While it is nice to get away, now I have a TON to do and no motivation. I should probably go clean up the kitchen and start more laundry... oh and get the pizza dough made for dinner. It is so nice to sit in a quiet house though (kids are napping)...

2 Response to "Sometimes it is so nice to get away"

  1. Heather Says:

    mmmm....homemade pizza dough - sounds great!
    Glad you had a successful weekend getting everthing ready and had some fun too!!
    Mackenzie starts t-ball in a few weeks. Should be interesting!

  2. AnnaMarie Says:

    Welcome back girl - missed you! ;)

    Hope Micah has fun tonight - and can't wait to see all your pics!