Happy Birthday to Me

Posted by Jen Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:59 PM
It seems hard to believe but... I am officially 28 today!! With the craziness in our lives recently, my birthday has been pretty far from my mind but Tim and the kids made it extra special and I will be forever grateful.


First off, Tim and the kids went out this past weekend and filmed a "movie" about me. I just now got it uploaded to You tube, so if you choose, you can view it at the end of this post. In summary, it is the "ABCs" of me... LOL
Tim also made me a mixed cd of some fun music he chose esp. for me- sort of a tradition he has going for me smile.gif
While Tim was filming with the kids, he also let them shop for me... Addie picked out a butterfly necklace and earrings from Target and Micah chose a CD and gum- LOL. All together they bought me a shirt and a pair of shorts and running and golf shoes as well. Micah also made me this adorable "poster" in which he wrote about all the places I (he thinks) love. Included are places such as Starbucks, Handels (ice cream place- he even drew an ice cream cone), Old Navy, Gap, Target... it was so cute and tons of fun to read his interpretations and know how he wrote it from his heart. Some places were so funny b/c he knows I like golf and we happened to drive by a golf store the other day and that stuck in his mind and it ended up on the poster... He spelled things all on his own (windees) and Big K (meaning Kay Jewlers... he even drew a diamond ring) LOL (I will try to scan this in later on...)
Part of Tim's Mom's gift to me was watching the kids so Tim and I went out golfing Monday and then we all went out for steak that nite. Today we had already lined up a babysitter (we didn't want to ask his Mom and had done this before she volunteered) so we went out to the movies (Forgetting Sarah Marshell (don't waste your money...) ) and for lunch at Damon's.
When we came back, unbeknownst to me, a few youth from our church youth group had came and decorated the house and had a little surprise gathering for me smile.gif They are just soo stinkin sweet and Micah and Ad were so happy to be a part of "surprising" me. I loved every minute of it!
Tonite ended with going out for miniature ice cream cakes at DQ and tons of hugs and kisses from the kids smile.gif

Anyway... it was a wonderful day and I def. feel loved and appreciated. I really couldn't have asked for anything to be more special.

8 Response to "Happy Birthday to Me"

  1. AnnaMarie Says:

    Happy happy birthday again Jen! :)

  2. Shannon Bieger Says:

    Awww, that video was the best!! What a cool idea! Happy birthday Jen! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

  3. Lynne Says:

    Jen

    Sounds like you had a great birthday! happy birthday and may all your wishes come true.

  4. Heather Says:

    Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!! Sounds like you had a great day!! The video is soo cute....what a special gift!

  5. Lindsay Says:

    happy birthday jen! but i can't see the video, it says "no longer available" i am glad your family treated you so wonderfully on your special day!

  6. Jen Says:

    Hmm... it is still there. I wonder if Youtube was down?

  7. Lindsay Says:

    ooh i saw it finally :) so sweet! i especially like the trampoline shots...brings back memories :)

  8. Jen Says:

    HA- I was quite a bit more flexible back then ;) Not so pretty these days- LOL.