of reading how people want to leave our country now that we are going to have another Democrat, our first black president or how our hope is lost... is that what we as Christians (and that is mostly what I am hearing this from) are called to do? To run, to live in darkness? Isn't our hope not in the President but instead in Our Father above? Whether or not you voted for Barack Obama, the results can't be changed so instead of living in a state of hopelessness or denial, how about we lift him up in prayer and pray that God works through him to help turn our country around? Maybe this is the time that we should focus on coming together instead of focusing on what is tearing us apart. It isn't as if this is the first time that the Christian "right" didn't win... and maybe this will be a wake up call that will spur people into action. We should celebrate that regardless of who leads our nation, God is still King. And celebrate the fact that we live in a country with choice, with an amazing abundance of wealth and resources. Instead of always asking God to bless America, maybe we should look at how He already has.
A new day is dawning, and I pray you will join with me in opening up your hands and embracing a new voice and allow it to mold and shape you. I pray that instead of running, you instead fall to your knees and pray, not only for what you think is right, but that God's will is done and being open to how He will work in the upcoming years. Our country might be changing, but His love never does and no matter what side you might be on, that is a truth you can place all of your trust in.
Another great article to read: Answer a Simple Question
A new day is dawning, and I pray you will join with me in opening up your hands and embracing a new voice and allow it to mold and shape you. I pray that instead of running, you instead fall to your knees and pray, not only for what you think is right, but that God's will is done and being open to how He will work in the upcoming years. Our country might be changing, but His love never does and no matter what side you might be on, that is a truth you can place all of your trust in.
Another great article to read: Answer a Simple Question
2:16 PM
Jennifer I agree with you. And I will join you in that prayer.
4:47 PM
AMEN SISTER!!!!