we will be having another little BOY running around our house come this spring. He was definitely NOT shy about letting us know that either ;) Micah was estactic and Addie not so much. her first response was, "Thats ok. We can have a girl the next baby" She later broke down a bit with me and apologized for her tears. She said that she really really wanted a sister :( She is sad that she doesn't have someone to play barbies and dress up with. It truly broke my heart. I pray that she will embrace her new little brother and also her role as the princess of the house. I always wanted a sister so I know her void but I pray that she will have a special friend to fill that spot.
While we are estactic at our news and the health of the baby, there was a bit of cautious concern added on... I apprently have a partial (I think or maybe marginal but I know it was on the left side) previa. I guess (from what I was told and what I read) that this means my placenta is covering a part of my cervix which means no vaginal birth... thankfully I wasn't planning on that but... it also gives the possibility of early labor and bleeding. I really won't know anything until 30 weeks when a second ultrasound is done to either confirm the migration of the placenta to where it should be or the prior diagnosis. I am a mixed bag of emotions. I don't want to worry b/c I have read and was told that many of them correct themselves by 30 weeks but that is hanging over my head until that time. I know that all I can do is place it in God's hands... and ask that you all keep the baby and I in your prayers as well. I know that God already has a plan and has brought us this far and that is what I am going to pull my strength from in the coming months.
While we are estactic at our news and the health of the baby, there was a bit of cautious concern added on... I apprently have a partial (I think or maybe marginal but I know it was on the left side) previa. I guess (from what I was told and what I read) that this means my placenta is covering a part of my cervix which means no vaginal birth... thankfully I wasn't planning on that but... it also gives the possibility of early labor and bleeding. I really won't know anything until 30 weeks when a second ultrasound is done to either confirm the migration of the placenta to where it should be or the prior diagnosis. I am a mixed bag of emotions. I don't want to worry b/c I have read and was told that many of them correct themselves by 30 weeks but that is hanging over my head until that time. I know that all I can do is place it in God's hands... and ask that you all keep the baby and I in your prayers as well. I know that God already has a plan and has brought us this far and that is what I am going to pull my strength from in the coming months.
10:07 PM
Congrats on the baby boy!! 2 boys can be a load of fun :) and we are sure that Addie will be an awesome big sister. She has a huge heart!
10:43 PM
Congratulations!! How exciting!! Im sure over the years Addie will appreciate being the only princess and not having to share the spotlight!! I will pray for a healthy rest of your pregnancy. Hope to see you at moms tomorrow!
9:58 AM
I already said HURRAY on facebook, but again, congrats. The story about addison made me get a little choked up. How sweet is she?? I know a lot about previa and if you want to talk I could tell you about how much they can do even in the worst previa....which it sounds like yours is NOT! btw, no posting on facebook about this, but i was thinking I could come visit your new little guy in June (after you have all settled in with him) and you could take some maternity pictures for me at the same time! :) ps, what is his NAME????????? I'm off today, so give me a call if you get a chance or drop me an email!
1:39 PM
OH MY GOODNESSS!! I AM DEF. Calling YOU!!!! EEEKKKK!!!
10:03 PM
6:54 AM
We need some new maternity pics as well!
I wouldn't be too concerned yet about the previa! So many times it corrects itself, which hopefully yours will since it doesn't seem like it's too bad.
My mom had it with my sister but it was a complete one from the beginning so she had to have a c-section reguardless. Other than that, she really didn't have any other issues with the pregnancy and Mara was born only 2 weeks early, only because of the previa they scheduled her that way. Hoping for you and baby Silas that it fixes itself by 30 weeks! :)