Conversation with a 3 yr old...

Posted by Jen Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:42 PM
As Addie and I were in the car driving home from preschool today she was chattering about all they did and how she had a green day. (Note- a "greenday" is a good day in Micah's kindergarten class- they have to flip cards for different things they might do which results in yellow, orange or whatnot...) First off, Addie does not have "color" days but we have learned to accept that she wants so much to be like Micah that she has picked up the novelty of getting "green days"
So, she was so excited telling me about all they did, how her and Anna played (her best friend) and how the tooth fairy is coming tomorrow (they have different characters come to the school to talk to them) and then she went back to the green day. As this point she sort of paused and said, "You know why I got a green day?" Of course I didn't so I inquired about why it was green. Her answer brought me into a fit of laughter...
"Well Mommy, today was green because I didn't even hit a friend. I didn't spit on anyone, I didn't even kick anyone. I never knocked over people's toys, I didn't pull hair, punch friends or pinch them. I didn't even throw a toy at anyone today."
Imagine all of this with a straight faced, serious looking preschooler in a cute an innocent little skirt and dress shoes talking with her hands like a diva. HA!
Now, I have never known her to do any of those things. Never. I have NO clue where she came up with that list- esp. the spitting. BLECH!! She wa SO serious as she named off her items and then even repeated some of them. I am hoping that those are just rules they always talk about and not anything I need to be concerned about ;)

0 Response to "Conversation with a 3 yr old..."