Yesterday I took Silas in for his one month appt... a week late but still one month. He is growing pretty well- he has gained a little over 2 lbs since birth- now weighing in at 10 lbs 12 ozs and is 22 inches long (1.5 inches longer) He looks good according to our Dr- is meeting the developmental milestones he should be at this age and stage. There are some concerns that were are moving forward with starting with an US this friday for his spitting up. This has been a concern since day one in the hospital and the Dr. was concerned he may have a condition called pyloric stenosis- which sort of freaks me out. If they were to diagnose him with this (and from looking at symptoms online, he has about 3 of the 5 or so listed) he would require pretty immediate surgery to prevent severe complications. I am going to pray and trust that this won't be the case but I can't help thinking of all the "what ifs" and envision seeing my little guy in a hospital bed not in my arms. The other concern is with his belly button which again, has been a concern since day one (at least with us- everyone else said it was normal and would go down once his stump fell off- needless to say, that didn't happen- it is bigger ) He officially has a umbilical hernia (which I diagnosed him with as soon as we were home... I knew I missed my calling!) and we were referred to a pediatric surgeon at Akron Children's hospital as a follow up. Chances are that they won't do anything for quite some time as it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all- just looks horrendus, but our Dr. wanted a specialist to be able to see it and follow him in case further steps need to be taken. So... sounds like we are in for quite a few Dr. appts. in the future with this little guy. He is keeping us on our toes!
I promise to update with school stuff from both of the older two as soon as things settle down some. We have had a few rough days with Silas, two very ornery older children and I went back to work today so needless to say, things are busy. I can't believe summer is more or less here already and Addie and my birthdays are just around the corner...
I promise to update with school stuff from both of the older two as soon as things settle down some. We have had a few rough days with Silas, two very ornery older children and I went back to work today so needless to say, things are busy. I can't believe summer is more or less here already and Addie and my birthdays are just around the corner...
8:12 PM
keep us updated! it sounds like he is in good hands :)
9:32 PM
Do you guys need a babysitter for the other kids on Friday? Also, I just wanted to let you know that I was through a similiar scary time when Jeremiah was very young (with his heart problems). It was very hard and I wanted to let you guys know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
7:08 AM
Jen..Im sure all will turn out fine!! I will say a prayer for you guys and Silas. Mackenzie came home w/ an umbilical hernia, and the doctors had told me it would go down eventually and it did (I think it took about 6 months if I remember correctly) so maybe they will do the same for Silas.
We leave for CA tomorrow, but will catch up when we get back.
11:19 PM
OMGoodness Jen, will keep you all in prayer...I can only imagine the feelings you must be going through! Love and hugs!