9 Months

Posted by Jen Friday, January 29, 2010 1:31 PM
(and a couple days because well... I am a slacker)

Can it really have been 9 months (and a couple days) since Silas joined our family? I seriously can't envision life without this little guy and yet he hasn't even been here a year. I am not sure if I have said this but man, I LOVE this chub a bub. Not that I don't love the other two (because I do more than I ever thought I could love little munchkins) but Silas holds a special place because he is the end of this stage of my life. I treasure each and every little cuddle, each time he sucks on my toes (I know- totally gross!), eats my chin (his version of a kiss), rubs his forehead on mine, gives me a dimpled smile, plays the peek a boo game... you get the idea. (Ok- I don't treasure the absolutely disgusting diapers he has been producing the past week) I even usually treasure his habit of waking up at 6am sharp (and if you don't know me... I am NOT a morning person) since with him, waking up is a game full of giggles and slobbers. Silas has redefined my role as a Mommy and I thank God for bringing this little (ok... not so little) boy into our lives.

Silas at 9 months...

*Crawls
*Walks along Furniture
*Stands for about 10 seconds on his own
*Says Dadda ALL of the time
*Says Momma only when nothing else works
*Loves Mommy and is attached like a magnet whenever she is in the room
*Likes to sleep on Daddy
*Claps
*Dances (bounces up and down when music is on)
*Plays "Peek a Boo" with the ottoman (Up and down over and over)
*Eats most foods (not a huge fan of the meats but I can't blame him... they smell like cat food)
*Eats green beans, cooked carrots, chicken noodle soup noodles and crackers in big people food
*Is toothless
*Growls
*Has a VERY high pitched squeal when excited
*Two dimpled chubby cheeks
*Lots of hair (that really should be trimmed)
*LOVES his brother and sister (esp his brother at this time... he crawls into his room every morning to play)
*Loves baby einstein, ball popper, mailbox, little people school house
*Weighs 22 lbs 8 ozs
*Is 28.5 inches tall
*Has an almost 19 inch head
*Wears 6-9 month pants, 12 month shirts and one-pieces

Crawling away giggling as I try to take his picture (and when I put 12 month pants on him... even rolled over 1x)

Full of smilesPeek...

A Boo

3 Response to "9 Months"

  1. Our Peculiar Lives Says:

    He's so sweet! And love those eyes! He sounds like he's doing wonderfully.

  2. Unknown Says:

    what a treasure he is. ;)

  3. Lindsay Says:

    he is soooo stinkin' adorable! his eyes really are beautiful! i love it when babies start to "dance" i almost totally forgot that stage-can't wait until leah is there! although, she can take her time on the crawling/cruising thing :) i am so not ready to chase her around! i am sure silas keeps you on your toes! sure wish we could get together sometime soon! :(