Once again, the Lenten season is upon those of us that practice the faith of Christianity. Although my church does not express the significance of Lent, I always try to take an introspective look at my life during those forty days. (not that I always succeed...)
So... today I started thinking and wondering what could be done in the time span of forty days. The same amount of time that Jesus suffered in the desert (Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13, Luke 4:1-13), the time that Christians have set aside to prepare the believer — through prayer, penitence, alms-giving and self-denial... for the annual commemoration during Holy Week of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus.
In forty days one could...
*Rid themselves of 40 bags of clutter (http://www.connect.faithandfamilylive.com/group/40bagsin40days)
*Take 40 photos (www.thefantasticdistraction.com)
*Drink only water in order to provide water to those in need (http://www.bloodwatermission.com/fortydays.php)
*quite drinking pop, quit swearing, quit drinking, quit smoking, quit lying, quit cheating...
*take a break from facebook, or the internet, even texting...
*grow a beard, grow overweight, grow a plant...
*be born, die, give to others, take away from others, share 40 smiles, say 40 angry words...
*start a new habit, break an old one
40 days is a long time. A LOT can happen in that time. Those 40 days can be filled with good or they can be filled with bad. 40 days can be what you make of them. So... what will you those days mean to you? What will you do with the next forty days, 960 hours, 57600 mins? What if what you do the next forty days will change your life? Are you ready for that possibility? I know I am... I am just waiting to see what might be in store.
So... today I started thinking and wondering what could be done in the time span of forty days. The same amount of time that Jesus suffered in the desert (Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13, Luke 4:1-13), the time that Christians have set aside to prepare the believer — through prayer, penitence, alms-giving and self-denial... for the annual commemoration during Holy Week of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus.
In forty days one could...
*Rid themselves of 40 bags of clutter (http://www.connect.faithandfamilylive.com/group/40bagsin40days)
*Take 40 photos (www.thefantasticdistraction.com)
*Drink only water in order to provide water to those in need (http://www.bloodwatermission.com/fortydays.php)
*quite drinking pop, quit swearing, quit drinking, quit smoking, quit lying, quit cheating...
*take a break from facebook, or the internet, even texting...
*grow a beard, grow overweight, grow a plant...
*be born, die, give to others, take away from others, share 40 smiles, say 40 angry words...
*start a new habit, break an old one
40 days is a long time. A LOT can happen in that time. Those 40 days can be filled with good or they can be filled with bad. 40 days can be what you make of them. So... what will you those days mean to you? What will you do with the next forty days, 960 hours, 57600 mins? What if what you do the next forty days will change your life? Are you ready for that possibility? I know I am... I am just waiting to see what might be in store.
9:45 AM
Great inspirational thoughts...makes you think twice about the effect today has on your tommorrows. Thanks for getting me thinking :)