
\
I like change. Well... I guess if I am truly honest, I don't like all change BUT I do like change when it comes to home decor. If I had it my way (and time, money, etc... etc...), I would have different color schemes and decor for every season. I can already imagine Tim's response when he reads that (insert eye roll) but seriously- change is so fresh and fun!
With that said, it should come as no surprise that I was thoroughly excited to begin the process of redoing Ad's room about a year ago. It was at that time, we knew we were having a boy and the "nursery" was going to be Ad's permanent room (the boys would/ will be sharing) so we wanted a special place for her to call her own. Being that she is ALL girl, I painted it pink and purchased the first wall stickers (flowers, butterflies and words). I was happy with the outcome but knew we would be needing to buy her bedroom furniture in the near future as she was still sleeping in a toddler bed and quickly outgrowing it's size. When the opportunity came for new carpet this past winter, we decided to go all out and redo everything all at once since the room had to be cleared for installation. After many shopping trips, pricing comparisons and all that comes with a big purchase, we settled on the new furniture (fun bookcase headboard and under-bed storage drawers and cupboard plus a nightstand) and with that necessitated a bedspread and a few other odds and ends. It is NO secret that I LOVE Target and as usual, they did not fail me :) and I (we) fell in love with their Nature decor and decided to add not only a bedspread but numerous wall stickers as well. I must admit, I wouldn't mind trading rooms with Ad... it turned out better than I expected and I hope that it is something she will love for years to come. She has already spent many hours in there not only sleeping but re-arranging and playing in her pink palace and I smile as I hear her humming her favorite songs as her little owl friends look on.
Flower vase is Doodlebug and created/ designed by me

There is another butterfly hanging from the ceiling as well. These were made by me.
"Always Kiss me Goodnight" is written above her bed in multi-colored lettersWe also bought a step stool to help get her up into bed as it is just a tad too high for her.

