
I am not sure how time has passed so quickly but indeed it has and another month has passed in our lives. Silas is the big 11 months old now and while I love this new exciting stage, I do miss the days when he was just a fresh little newborn. It is so hard to believe that just a year ago I found out my placenta previa had cleared up and we would move ahead with our original scheduled c-section date. I was SO anxious to meet this little guy but yet relieved he would have another four weeks to grow inside of me. (Little did I realize he would grow like he did- LOL)
At 11 Months Si is quite the charmer. He always has HUGE smiles for everyone and LOVES interacting with his brother and sister. He claps and jabbers all of the time and is a champion speed crawler that can scale the steps in -10 seconds. He has taken 5 steps but is still content to crawl (probably b/c of aforementioned speed) to get most places. He now has 4 teeth (top two came in one after another about a week ago) and wildly crazy hair. He still says "Dada" all of the time (and laughs and says it again when I ask him to say "Mama") and something that sounds like "thank you" when I give him a cracker or other treat. He takes 3 or so naps a day and sleeps from about 11pm until 8 (naps from about 7-9 beforehand). He sings himself to sleep and likes to pinch as he drifts to dreamland. He is a giggling maniac and still has double dimples that melt my heart.
Although he didn't have a Dr. appt. this month, I believe he is somewhere between 23-24 lbs and prob. about the same length as last month (judging from clothing length). He is wearing a few 6-12 month pants still and we just pulled out the 12-18 months things.
Si LOVES to have his hair brushed (or brush it himself) and can usually be calmed down by rubbing his ears or his head. He has mostly given up on baby food and loves foods such as toast, sweet potato bites, mashed potatoes, mandarin oranges, peaches bites, green beans, french toast sticks, chicken nuggets, crackers and various other small soft items. He still nurses 3 or so times a day (morn, afternoon and night) and drinks water/ juice from a bottle (trying the sippy).
He loves to play with his ball popper (as do Micah and Addison), leapfrog learn around, block wagon, little people and go to the park and swing. Si loves to watch Thomas the train as well as baby Einstein videos. He is becoming quite the little drummer- always finding items to drum with and thinks he owns our drum sticks. He has pretty good rhythm for a toddler ;) Micah and Addiso are his favorite playmates and he looks up to them for everything. He still searches them out the moment he wakes up in the morning and is sad to see them go to bed at night. They have a great relationship that I hope continues for many years to come.
It is hard to believe I am planning his first birthday party already (and so heart wrenching that this is the last time I will be doing this). (April 24th for anyone that is interested) I think he is going to be a nut with the cake (rem. the personality I mentioned) and I can't wait for the big event. Although it has been less than a year since he joined us, I can't imagine him not being a part of our family.






1:10 PM
awww...i'm a few days behind on checking blogs, but this was a good one! he is so adorable and looks like such a good mix of the older two! i wanna see his crazy hair :) he looks so grown up (boo hoo!!) i know exactly how you feel about not having more-tears me up! but i know that it is time to move on (right??) from the baby stuff and enjoy watching them grow! :) miss you!