my little baby turned into a 1 year old before my eyes. I can not believe that a year has passed since he joined out family and I am still brought to tears when I think about the first time I laid eyes on his beautiful dark head of hair and chunky face and legs. Silas has brought us SO much joy this past year, I really truly can't imagine life without him being a part of it. He has simply the best personality and sweetest disposition of any of our children and just knows how to melt his Mama's heart (even if he still won't say Mama). I can't believe that this stage in our lives is over, I want to rewind and live so many moments over again but then I am reminded of the amazing boy he has grown into and I look forward to all that the future still has in store. God truly knew what we needed to make our family complete and he gave us all of that and more in Silas and for that I am eternally grateful and pray that I can be a wonderful Mom to him and he always knows just how much he is loved.At one years old, this is Silas:
*Around 24/ 25 lbs (will find out next week)
*Walks everywhere (almost running already)
*Claps, gives high fives, plays patty cake and peek a boo
*Has an uncontrollable giggle, double dimples and twinkling eyes
*Loves his little people farm, Thomas, Wonder Pets, Baby Einstein and bath time
*Is drawn to all electronic equipment (just like his big brother)
*Wears 12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers
*Nurses 2x a day*Eats almost all table food*Has 4 teeth (2 top and 2 bottom)
*Loves music and dancing
*loves being outside (esp. the swings at the park)
*Says a few words... Dada, Thank you, That, Cracker
*Blows kisses and cuddles with almost anyone
*Has wavy light brown hair
*Active (hardly even sits still)
1 year ago Silas was
*8 lbs 10 ozs
*20.5 inches long*Dark haired
*Covered in a little rash
*Cuddly
*Sleepy
*Just starting to spit up
*large belly button hernia
*Took a binky for the first time
*Too short for even newborn clothes
*Active (hated being swaddled)
A lot has changed in a year. There have been many ups and a few downs but thankfully we have all came out stronger in the end. I can't wait to see what this coming year will hold... watching him change and grow and continue to interact more and more with the world around him. While I am sad he is no longer my little baby in size, he will always be my baby and therefore hold that special place in my heart.






If you would like to read about everything from last year's account and see more pictures... visit the April 2009 archive.
*Around 24/ 25 lbs (will find out next week)
*Walks everywhere (almost running already)
*Claps, gives high fives, plays patty cake and peek a boo
*Has an uncontrollable giggle, double dimples and twinkling eyes
*Loves his little people farm, Thomas, Wonder Pets, Baby Einstein and bath time
*Is drawn to all electronic equipment (just like his big brother)
*Wears 12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers
*Nurses 2x a day*Eats almost all table food*Has 4 teeth (2 top and 2 bottom)
*Loves music and dancing
*loves being outside (esp. the swings at the park)
*Says a few words... Dada, Thank you, That, Cracker
*Blows kisses and cuddles with almost anyone
*Has wavy light brown hair
*Active (hardly even sits still)
1 year ago Silas was
*8 lbs 10 ozs
*20.5 inches long*Dark haired
*Covered in a little rash
*Cuddly
*Sleepy
*Just starting to spit up
*large belly button hernia
*Took a binky for the first time
*Too short for even newborn clothes
*Active (hated being swaddled)
A lot has changed in a year. There have been many ups and a few downs but thankfully we have all came out stronger in the end. I can't wait to see what this coming year will hold... watching him change and grow and continue to interact more and more with the world around him. While I am sad he is no longer my little baby in size, he will always be my baby and therefore hold that special place in my heart.






If you would like to read about everything from last year's account and see more pictures... visit the April 2009 archive.
8:17 AM
awwww, sweet post :) He is perfect!