While I am still in the midst of reliving all of our Christmas memories (not that they are posted for anyone more than myself... it is how I keep track of things) I am going to take a moment to look ahead to the new year that is peeking around the corner. It is hard to believe another year has come and gone, but indeed the last minutes of 2010 are ticking away and all that will soon be left are the memories that brought us to this closing day.
I get excited about fresh starts... not so much b/c I care to forget the past but because the page is fresh and new... so many words are waiting to be written and I for one am excited to get started writing.
I had set numerous "goals" for myself last year and I must say... I actually met almost, if not all of them. I read more than I have in years, ran more than I ever have, and took time to enjoy the little things in life (though I resolve to do even more of that this coming year) While there are still many things I wish I would have done... I must say that I feel pretty accomplished looking back on this past year. I can only hope that the end of 2011 will leave me feeling the same way.
I am not sure what the year ahead will hold but I hope to once again read even more, run even further, record even more memories (photos, blogging and writing), and take even more time to enjoy to small quiet moments that so quickly pass me by. I have three kiddos that are growing up faster than my mind can process and each day takes them further from the day they were first introduced into my life. While I do miss those first days when everything was so new... I also enjoy the days that we share right now in the here and present. I can't imagine life being any differently or wanting to share it with anyone other than the other four people that live in this house with me.
May 2011 be the year that tops any other, may all of our dreams be realized (and those that aren't be reinvented), and may we learn to love even deeper than we ever have before. 2011, I am ready for you and I pray that you are ready for me as well. I am about to welcome you with open arms (and two sleepy kids (and one wired on) that wanted to meet you as well) and I hope to feel the warm embrace from you as well.
Happy 2011...
I get excited about fresh starts... not so much b/c I care to forget the past but because the page is fresh and new... so many words are waiting to be written and I for one am excited to get started writing.
I had set numerous "goals" for myself last year and I must say... I actually met almost, if not all of them. I read more than I have in years, ran more than I ever have, and took time to enjoy the little things in life (though I resolve to do even more of that this coming year) While there are still many things I wish I would have done... I must say that I feel pretty accomplished looking back on this past year. I can only hope that the end of 2011 will leave me feeling the same way.
I am not sure what the year ahead will hold but I hope to once again read even more, run even further, record even more memories (photos, blogging and writing), and take even more time to enjoy to small quiet moments that so quickly pass me by. I have three kiddos that are growing up faster than my mind can process and each day takes them further from the day they were first introduced into my life. While I do miss those first days when everything was so new... I also enjoy the days that we share right now in the here and present. I can't imagine life being any differently or wanting to share it with anyone other than the other four people that live in this house with me.
May 2011 be the year that tops any other, may all of our dreams be realized (and those that aren't be reinvented), and may we learn to love even deeper than we ever have before. 2011, I am ready for you and I pray that you are ready for me as well. I am about to welcome you with open arms (and two sleepy kids (and one wired on) that wanted to meet you as well) and I hope to feel the warm embrace from you as well.
Happy 2011...