Ok... so following early Easter weekend at my parents, we all headed back home for Tim's and my soccer games on Saturday nite. We had just recently started playing in N. Canton... a league totally different than the one we were used to in Alliance. During our first game that Saturday, while getting pummeled by the other team, Tim turned to kick (or something like that) and a loud "snap" echoed through the building as he fell to the floor in pain. I was sitting out on break during that time and had no idea until I saw him on the floor moaning out in pain. Absolutely great... Easter weekend... church, Easter activities, driving to his sisters... all I could envision was him in a cast. After a few agonizing minutes, he walked off the field and after sitting out for half of the game, he decided he was ok to re-enter the game (not the advice of either myself or the majority of the team) He played and seemed ok... until the next morning.
Fast forward to Easter morning... around 7:00am... Tim comes crawling into the room and tells me he can't walk- at all. After playing soccer on it the nite before, his ankle finally fell to the pressure and grew to the size of a grapefruit overnight. Needless to say, we didn't make it to church, but instead spent the morning at stat care. I admit... I was NOT nice to Tim... not at all. I understood him getting hurt but then when he decided to not go to stat care that nite and proceed to play on it... all sympathy went out the door. Yeah... not my best moment but Easter is kind of important and it just seemed it was all down the drain. Ok... enough about me... back to Tim. Needless to say, he had a sprained ankle and ended up on crutches. After everything at stat care wrapped up, we decided to go ahead and venture down to Steubenville... afterall... there wasn't much else going on since church had long since ended. It ended up being a nice day and the kids were able to have an outdoor Easter egg hunt (it ended that they each got over 50 eggs!) and we had a nice meal with Tim's family. All in all, it was a nice visit (albeit stressful at times with Tim on crutches and a VERY active 2 year old that likes to explore... as well as my desire to capture things on camera for memories sake) until time to head home. The sky was looking somewhat ominous as we left but I honestly didn't think too much of it. About 20 mins. into our drive, the sky broke open and we drove through one of the worst storms I have ever driven through (I think last year's trip to the beach was the only storm that could have topped it... driving through tornado warnings in the mountains will most likely stay at the top of my list of worst storms ever) At one point, it was raining so hard I could barely see in front of me and I suddenly saw a HUGE white flash just a few feet ahead. Lightening literally struck the road... all I could think was what if I had been going just a tiny bit faster. UGH! Thankfully we eventually drove through the storm and ended the trip with partially sunny skies. If there is one thing I dislike most in life, it would be driving in the rain and this trip cemented that permanently at the top of the list.







Fast forward to Easter morning... around 7:00am... Tim comes crawling into the room and tells me he can't walk- at all. After playing soccer on it the nite before, his ankle finally fell to the pressure and grew to the size of a grapefruit overnight. Needless to say, we didn't make it to church, but instead spent the morning at stat care. I admit... I was NOT nice to Tim... not at all. I understood him getting hurt but then when he decided to not go to stat care that nite and proceed to play on it... all sympathy went out the door. Yeah... not my best moment but Easter is kind of important and it just seemed it was all down the drain. Ok... enough about me... back to Tim. Needless to say, he had a sprained ankle and ended up on crutches. After everything at stat care wrapped up, we decided to go ahead and venture down to Steubenville... afterall... there wasn't much else going on since church had long since ended. It ended up being a nice day and the kids were able to have an outdoor Easter egg hunt (it ended that they each got over 50 eggs!) and we had a nice meal with Tim's family. All in all, it was a nice visit (albeit stressful at times with Tim on crutches and a VERY active 2 year old that likes to explore... as well as my desire to capture things on camera for memories sake) until time to head home. The sky was looking somewhat ominous as we left but I honestly didn't think too much of it. About 20 mins. into our drive, the sky broke open and we drove through one of the worst storms I have ever driven through (I think last year's trip to the beach was the only storm that could have topped it... driving through tornado warnings in the mountains will most likely stay at the top of my list of worst storms ever) At one point, it was raining so hard I could barely see in front of me and I suddenly saw a HUGE white flash just a few feet ahead. Lightening literally struck the road... all I could think was what if I had been going just a tiny bit faster. UGH! Thankfully we eventually drove through the storm and ended the trip with partially sunny skies. If there is one thing I dislike most in life, it would be driving in the rain and this trip cemented that permanently at the top of the list.






