Ahhh- why is it that when I decide to venture out on my own with Micah (and of course Addie was there as well- but the story isn't about her ;) ) that he somehow always has some suprise up his sleeve?
Lets go back to 2 1/2 years ago and rememeber how he always seemed to have HUGE explosions out the back of his diaper when we went out to run errands. This of course never happened when Tim was with me or when I was prepared- but instead when I was out all alone and usually when I was short on diapers and/or wipes in the diaper bag. I will never forget the day when I went to stop at Starbucks (I think my second stop on a string of stops) and went to get his carrier out and saw poo stains up the front of his outfit. I reach in the diaper bag for a diaper, wipes and extra clothing only to find one diaper, one wipe and no extra clothes. YIKES! I did the best that I could with what I had and actually ended upi throwing away his shirt b/c there was so much poo on it and I didn't want it to stink up the car. Anyways...I put on the clean diaper and wrapped him in a blanket and headed to BRU to get more wipes, diapers, and a new outfit so I could finish my shopping (it takes me 20 mins to get out there- I wasn't going to just head back home if I could help it). Let me just say that I felt like the most horrible mother on earth that day.
So back to today...Both kids are were wonderful; we went to Target (Micah got to pick out a new toothbrush and toothpaste- he thought that was the coolest!) and then headed to Sams Club to get water and decided to get lunch there. I actually asked Micah if he had to go potty numerous times- to which he always said "no". Fast forward- we order our lunch and are sitting at the tables eating when Micah says "oh no Mommy". I look over and see a puddle under his squatting body. At first I thought it was his drink- but I quickly realized that he had an accident. I was so furious since I had repeatedly asked him and he has been doing so well. I cleaned him up the best I could and then headed to the car to do a quick change. I know you aren't supposed to be negative with potty training- but I was today with him. I told him I was very disappointed in him and that he acted like a baby. He didn't cry but he did have such a sad look on his face and kept his face hidden from me as much as possible. He actually fell asleep as we left Belden and I woke him up to go into Walmart to grab some shampoo and laundry detergent. Of course while we are there- he has to go potty 2xs! Sigh- needless to say it turned into quite a long day and I didn't get anymore painting done as I had hoped.
So that is my day in a nutshell. When we came home Micah went to take a nap and I fed Addie since it had been quite awhile since her last meal. Thank goodness she is such a laid back baby- she just lays and smiles or coos. It is wonderful :) We really are blessed with this child- esp. at this time when Micah can give us a bit of a 'tude.
Enough about today- lets just hope for a better day tomorrow. I plan on painting the second coat of paint on the top half of the kitchen and maybe even working on the rail if I get that much time.
On that note...today's pictures are more from our Pittsburgh trip. These pictures are simply amazing to me- the sky was GORGEOUS that day- this is about 8 or so in the morning- well the one of the whole skyline was a bit earlier than the other two- but still in the same time frame. We walked down to the Omni Hotel to get me some Starbucks and took random pictures on the walk back to the convention center. These pictures have just been sharpened for the web, watermarked and framed- the colors were really this vibrant- I couldn't believe how great they turned out when I actually pulled them off the card. I believe these were all taken in AV mode- I am still learning things about my camera so my settings are all over.



You can click on all of these to make them bigger if you wish :) I made them a bit smaller so that they didn't take up so much room. The last picture looks really neat bigger- you can see how the sun was coming up- the buildings on the right are illuminated while the ones on the left are still in the shadows.
Lets go back to 2 1/2 years ago and rememeber how he always seemed to have HUGE explosions out the back of his diaper when we went out to run errands. This of course never happened when Tim was with me or when I was prepared- but instead when I was out all alone and usually when I was short on diapers and/or wipes in the diaper bag. I will never forget the day when I went to stop at Starbucks (I think my second stop on a string of stops) and went to get his carrier out and saw poo stains up the front of his outfit. I reach in the diaper bag for a diaper, wipes and extra clothing only to find one diaper, one wipe and no extra clothes. YIKES! I did the best that I could with what I had and actually ended upi throwing away his shirt b/c there was so much poo on it and I didn't want it to stink up the car. Anyways...I put on the clean diaper and wrapped him in a blanket and headed to BRU to get more wipes, diapers, and a new outfit so I could finish my shopping (it takes me 20 mins to get out there- I wasn't going to just head back home if I could help it). Let me just say that I felt like the most horrible mother on earth that day.
So back to today...Both kids are were wonderful; we went to Target (Micah got to pick out a new toothbrush and toothpaste- he thought that was the coolest!) and then headed to Sams Club to get water and decided to get lunch there. I actually asked Micah if he had to go potty numerous times- to which he always said "no". Fast forward- we order our lunch and are sitting at the tables eating when Micah says "oh no Mommy". I look over and see a puddle under his squatting body. At first I thought it was his drink- but I quickly realized that he had an accident. I was so furious since I had repeatedly asked him and he has been doing so well. I cleaned him up the best I could and then headed to the car to do a quick change. I know you aren't supposed to be negative with potty training- but I was today with him. I told him I was very disappointed in him and that he acted like a baby. He didn't cry but he did have such a sad look on his face and kept his face hidden from me as much as possible. He actually fell asleep as we left Belden and I woke him up to go into Walmart to grab some shampoo and laundry detergent. Of course while we are there- he has to go potty 2xs! Sigh- needless to say it turned into quite a long day and I didn't get anymore painting done as I had hoped.
So that is my day in a nutshell. When we came home Micah went to take a nap and I fed Addie since it had been quite awhile since her last meal. Thank goodness she is such a laid back baby- she just lays and smiles or coos. It is wonderful :) We really are blessed with this child- esp. at this time when Micah can give us a bit of a 'tude.
Enough about today- lets just hope for a better day tomorrow. I plan on painting the second coat of paint on the top half of the kitchen and maybe even working on the rail if I get that much time.
On that note...today's pictures are more from our Pittsburgh trip. These pictures are simply amazing to me- the sky was GORGEOUS that day- this is about 8 or so in the morning- well the one of the whole skyline was a bit earlier than the other two- but still in the same time frame. We walked down to the Omni Hotel to get me some Starbucks and took random pictures on the walk back to the convention center. These pictures have just been sharpened for the web, watermarked and framed- the colors were really this vibrant- I couldn't believe how great they turned out when I actually pulled them off the card. I believe these were all taken in AV mode- I am still learning things about my camera so my settings are all over.



You can click on all of these to make them bigger if you wish :) I made them a bit smaller so that they didn't take up so much room. The last picture looks really neat bigger- you can see how the sun was coming up- the buildings on the right are illuminated while the ones on the left are still in the shadows.