Home again Home again Jiggety Jig

Posted by Jen Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:32 PM
We had such a great time in Pittsburgh the last 5 days. The convention and seminars were wonderful, there were great bands, great picture opps, great food and fun, and even a cafe that reminded us of Central Perk from Friends- even with our own Gunther :) It was seriously a wonderful time and I am so happy that I was able to go along and soak it all it.
We met many famous people (some that none of you have really heard of- but they are famous in their own right) and even hung out with a former TV star for quite a long time. Hopefully he will be able to come speak at our church sometime- he has a great message and was such a down to earth guy. I will post the picture on here and I would love to see who you all think it is. (except Lindsay since we already talked about this!) I will post who it is tomorrow ;)
Addie was wonderful- we had a few rough times- but they were short and it was just because she was getting bored being in the stroller. It was so nice- they have a walkway from our hotel to the convention center so we really only had to go outside twice- once for a quick dinner and once because I needed Starbucks early in the morning :)
Pittsburgh is a beautiful city- and I learned that it has more bridges than Venice Italy. It also has a very low crime rate and is considered one of the most liveable cities. I would love to go back again just to be able to take in all the culture. Inner Cities are so neat- they hold so many "treats" and unfortunately with the schedule we didn't get to take in a whole lot of that.
Micah was wonderful while we were gone. He stayed with my inlaws and actually ended up going and visiting his cousins for two nites with them. I am so happy that he didn't really miss us too much and that he had so much fun. My MIL also got him to say "Micah" instead of Dyepa. It is so cute- he emphasizes the end instead of the beginning :) I swear he talks even more- there is no little boy left in him- he is growing so fast. I love that kid and I didn't realize how much I missed him until he kept wanting cuddles all day long. I am really blessed- with my whole family.
Well I have a ton of pictures to post from the trip so I think I will stop talking now. I am going to just post a few today and then maybe some more tomorrow so that this post doesn't become a mile long. Hope that you enjoy!

This is a sky book on top of the roof terrance of the Westin convention center. It scrolls lines from a book (not sure which). It is really a neat thing to sit and watch.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

David Crowder for those of you who have no idea who this is
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pittsburgh Nite life from my 11th floor hotel room
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

An old railroad bridge
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bridge near PNC park lit up at nite.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bridge again on the next evening with different settings
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the final picture for today...Tim and the mystery man
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Response to "Home again Home again Jiggety Jig"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Jennifer
    I love your site and your children are so cute. This is your cousin Shelly. Great job

  2. Lindsay Says:

    i know who he is...why isn't anyone guessing?? c'mon guys-take a shot at it! Jen, i love the pictures too! Keep practicing and getting better and better so you can be my personal photographer :) Miss you!