The $60 tooth

Posted by Jen Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:25 PM
So as you have probably read, we had to take both kids to emergency care yesterday since they were both running a fever and completely not well.
While Addie wasn't feeling well, she probably wouldn't have been taken in except for the fact we were already taking Micah...
Although she does have a bit of a sinus infection, I believe I now know the cause of most of her pain, runny nose, cough, fusiness, etc.......









Her brand new bottom tooth that was NOT there yesterday!
I know she has been chewing on things and showing "signs" but Micah did that when he was little and he didn't get a tooth until right about 11 months. I more or less dismissed the idea of her teething this early mainly due to that fact.I kept feeling her gums every few days or so and there was never anything there- let alone an entire tooth popped through. Little did I know...
So now, 60$ in prescriptions later, I think most of her problem was due to this pesky tooth. Oh well- we will finish up the meds now that they have been prescribed and since she is really congested- but darn it- that was 60$ we really didn't have to spend and now I feel like an inexperienced mother.

On a happier note (not that that was unhappy- but it sounds right ;) ), Micah is feeling much better today :) His ear is still hurting and is draining out some nasty stuff, but his fever hasn't returned since yesterday afternoon. His appetite has pretty much came back and although he is quite sleepy still, he is acting much more himself today. He is actually napping right now and then I promised to do some Christmas crafts with him this evening. He is so excited about Christmas this year and I am loving sharing in his joy.
I have a million things to do, but just wanted to give a quick update. To close, I will share a cute tidbit from Micah yesterday. While we were at stat care, Micah was pretty upset about having to see the doctor so I told him that the doctor was looking for elmo in his ears and listening to elmo's theme song in his chest (Background info...Micah has a doctor Elmo that when you listen to his chest- it plays the elmo theme song with a drum beat...). After the doctor had left the room, to calm him down I asked him if the doctor heard Elmo in his heart. He told me know, he heard Jesus. My sweet sweet boy :)

0 Response to "The $60 tooth"