with you all :) I entered a photo contest at BetterPhoto during the month of April and receieved an email today telling me that I am a finalist! I totally can not believe it- I mean- this is my first time entering a major photo contest. I have entered and won or placed in smaller contests but nothing with over 26,000 entries- and on my first try! I am just giddy with excitement. The judges vote on the top winners during the next few days and though I don't expect to actually place, I am still nervous about the outcome. None-the-less, I placed and that to me is worth a thousand dollars. If you would like to check out the picture that I am talking about, you can see it here. The kinda ironic thing, this wasn't a "planned" picture- Addie is just sitting playing with a book by our front door. Another thing- that I wish I could change- I actually cropped the picture following my upload- I cut out the bright area on the left (her right) area on her hat and some of the excess black. Oh well- it is what it is :)
In other news... well there really isn't any- lol- at least nothing that stands up to that excitement. This week is going to be busy trying to get things organized and ready for our garage sale and then for Addie's birthday. Time really does go too fast these days. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this week- thank goodness- it is about time!! Hopefully I will sqeeze in a bit of running and evening walks with the family. I can't have all work and no play ;)
I think I am going to try and get a few things done before bed- I am exhausted so it may not be much. I will be sure to update you all when I hear about the winners if not before then. Enjoy the last half hour of your weekend- Monday is just about upon us.
Editing to add pictures :) I have promised pictures the last few days- so here you go. And a note- they are all of Addie b/c Micah will NOT let me take his picture- GRRR!
These pictures are all just for fun- it totally shows "her" :) We have the pensive look, tears, striking a pose, Attitude, Silly Face, Playful, Being Silly, Pouty face and goof ball. LOL- that pretty much sums her up ;) Enjoy
In other news... well there really isn't any- lol- at least nothing that stands up to that excitement. This week is going to be busy trying to get things organized and ready for our garage sale and then for Addie's birthday. Time really does go too fast these days. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this week- thank goodness- it is about time!! Hopefully I will sqeeze in a bit of running and evening walks with the family. I can't have all work and no play ;)
I think I am going to try and get a few things done before bed- I am exhausted so it may not be much. I will be sure to update you all when I hear about the winners if not before then. Enjoy the last half hour of your weekend- Monday is just about upon us.
Editing to add pictures :) I have promised pictures the last few days- so here you go. And a note- they are all of Addie b/c Micah will NOT let me take his picture- GRRR!
These pictures are all just for fun- it totally shows "her" :) We have the pensive look, tears, striking a pose, Attitude, Silly Face, Playful, Being Silly, Pouty face and goof ball. LOL- that pretty much sums her up ;) Enjoy







11:08 AM
Congrats on making the finalists on the contest! And for the record, I like the picture just how it is. Speaking of pictures, Addie is just SO dang cute! She has got to be the second cutest girl in the entire world!!! ;) she is starting to look BIG and OLD though! Tell her to knock it off. lol.
12:14 PM
I love the picture you entered in the contest.......dont understimate your talent!!! Addie is soo cute, I love all the expressions!!!
2:46 PM
Her hair is getting so long, and she is getting so big! She has so long fingers too. I noticed that the other day when you posted the hat photo.
9:36 PM
Jen
Congratulations on the photo contest and Ms. Addie is adorable.
10:43 PM
i'll say it again. you are neat.