this time with little Miss Addie. On Sunday, before we left to go to my parent's house for Mother's Day, she had felt a bit warm- all to which I attributed to teething (chewing on fingers, cranky, barely warm) gave her motrin and away we went. Things were fine until around 7:30 that evening- when she was suddenly burning up- and from what I could read on an underarm thermometer- her temp was 103 something. YIKES! Thankfully, I brought Motrin, dosed her up and her fever seemed to break (all sweaty, playful, etc...) Fast forward- 2 am or so, she is crying and burning up again :( I had to wait another hour before giving Motrin- one of the longest hours in recent memory. She did fine most of the day Monday- played, ate, seemingly happy. Fever seemed low grade most of the day- until around 7:30pm or so- it spiked again- 102.6 rec. this time. I gave her Motrin- a few hours later gave Tylenol b/c it was rising again. She was fine through the nite (I had set my alarm to get up at certain times to check her) and had a bit of a fever at 8:15- when I dosed her again. I decided I would see how she did and decide whether to call the Dr. or not. She was fine- all day she ate, drank, played (was a bit cranky and slept more than normal) until I left to get groceries at around 6pm. Tim was home with the kids, when I got home- she was burning up- all in about a half hour. Her temp. was 103.2 rec. this time :( I dosed her again with Motrin and within a half hour, she was playing, and being silly with Micah. She seemed ok until around midnight- fever spiked a bit again- took temp- wasn't as high as I had thought and decided to not loop in tylenol but to wait and give Motrin about this time. I just checked and she seems cool- so not sure what to do.
I am really thinking this is roseola- Micah had it before, high fevers but yet seemingly normal when they aren't feverish. She is eating and drinking like normal- but the high fevers scare me- esp. with how fast they come on. I am teetering on whether or not to call the Dr. tomorrow- again- she acts fine when not feverish- no pulling at ears or anything- I just wish she would break out in the rash and I would know for sure and my fears would be quelled. All I can do is pray right now- as I have been doing the last 48 hours- and hope this will soon pass from her body.
Mothers Day was pretty fun this year- Tim brought me breakfast in bed and Micah had a "secret" for me- he made a card with Daddy- and even signed his own name :) Tim hadn't bought anything- he wasn't sure what to get- and the shopping trip from the nite before didn't bode well ;)
We stopped at Aurora Farms for a quick run in to look at sandels for the kids on the way to my parents- to which I found nothing :( I did however get GREAT bargains at Children's Place.
I had a $10 off a $10.01 purchase and a 15% off coupon- which I couldn't stack BUT I just did two seperate orders ;) I bought $10 and some tax on the first- cost me like $.50 and then another like $8 order with the 15% off. All in all- I purchased 10 things for around $8- even Tim was inpressed :) (This included tennis shoes for Micah- which easily cost that on their own :) ) We didn't stay long- it was stormy out and we wanted to get to my parent's house.
Sunday we just all bummed around- Mom made a Roast and I showed them some houses again- one they really liked in Rootstown- of course it won't be available in two years- but hey- it is fun to look ;)
Monday we went out to Best Buy and I picked out my Mother's Day gift and helped my Dad get new anti-virus protection and printer paper. Following that, we went into Willoughby and ate at Coldstone which is always good but too filling and kinda expensive. Oh well- it was a treat and everyone enjoyed it (Micah finished off a whole kid sized- which is actually the adult small sized- bowl of icecream- his mixture....vanilla with fummy bears mixed in- BLECH!)
After we got home, I installed the virus stuff, and we had a quick dinner and had to leave. Addie wasn't feeling well and with Tim having work early on Tuesday's- we didn't want to get home too late. Matt stopped by for a quick second to say "hi" and we were on our way.
So thats that- my whole weekend in a nutshell (a big one at that- eh?) This week has been nothing but caring for little Addie thus far though I hope that doesn't last too much longer (not the caring for her- but the sickness part). I was hoping to run out to Kohls for their BOGO sandal sale on Thursday and then I have a photo shoot Friday. This week has already went too fast!
I am tired beyond belief and know this nite could be a long one- so I am stopping my rambling here. Please keep Addie in your thoughts and hopefully we are at the tail end of this darn bug and we can stay germ free for more than a few weeks at a time.
I am really thinking this is roseola- Micah had it before, high fevers but yet seemingly normal when they aren't feverish. She is eating and drinking like normal- but the high fevers scare me- esp. with how fast they come on. I am teetering on whether or not to call the Dr. tomorrow- again- she acts fine when not feverish- no pulling at ears or anything- I just wish she would break out in the rash and I would know for sure and my fears would be quelled. All I can do is pray right now- as I have been doing the last 48 hours- and hope this will soon pass from her body.
Mothers Day was pretty fun this year- Tim brought me breakfast in bed and Micah had a "secret" for me- he made a card with Daddy- and even signed his own name :) Tim hadn't bought anything- he wasn't sure what to get- and the shopping trip from the nite before didn't bode well ;)
We stopped at Aurora Farms for a quick run in to look at sandels for the kids on the way to my parents- to which I found nothing :( I did however get GREAT bargains at Children's Place.
I had a $10 off a $10.01 purchase and a 15% off coupon- which I couldn't stack BUT I just did two seperate orders ;) I bought $10 and some tax on the first- cost me like $.50 and then another like $8 order with the 15% off. All in all- I purchased 10 things for around $8- even Tim was inpressed :) (This included tennis shoes for Micah- which easily cost that on their own :) ) We didn't stay long- it was stormy out and we wanted to get to my parent's house.
Sunday we just all bummed around- Mom made a Roast and I showed them some houses again- one they really liked in Rootstown- of course it won't be available in two years- but hey- it is fun to look ;)
Monday we went out to Best Buy and I picked out my Mother's Day gift and helped my Dad get new anti-virus protection and printer paper. Following that, we went into Willoughby and ate at Coldstone which is always good but too filling and kinda expensive. Oh well- it was a treat and everyone enjoyed it (Micah finished off a whole kid sized- which is actually the adult small sized- bowl of icecream- his mixture....vanilla with fummy bears mixed in- BLECH!)
After we got home, I installed the virus stuff, and we had a quick dinner and had to leave. Addie wasn't feeling well and with Tim having work early on Tuesday's- we didn't want to get home too late. Matt stopped by for a quick second to say "hi" and we were on our way.
So thats that- my whole weekend in a nutshell (a big one at that- eh?) This week has been nothing but caring for little Addie thus far though I hope that doesn't last too much longer (not the caring for her- but the sickness part). I was hoping to run out to Kohls for their BOGO sandal sale on Thursday and then I have a photo shoot Friday. This week has already went too fast!
I am tired beyond belief and know this nite could be a long one- so I am stopping my rambling here. Please keep Addie in your thoughts and hopefully we are at the tail end of this darn bug and we can stay germ free for more than a few weeks at a time.
2:29 AM
Glad that you guys had a good visit! Too bad we didn't know you guys were coming up, I could have brought Tyler & Aiden over to play. But Matt said he didn't know until he had a voicemail on his phone.
What did you get for Mother's Day from Best Buy? It is always fun to pick out your own gifts! :)
I hope that Addie feels better soon and it's just another one of the bugs that is going around for the 100x this year.
11:12 AM
I am with you on the sickness thing. Ella just got over roseola, and those high fevers are just awful! Hope Addie feels better soon!
12:13 PM
Hope Addie feels better soon,I know it breaks your heart when they are sick!
Maybe we can try to get together next week if everyones doing well.