Do you have your Jamamas On?

Posted by Jen Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:42 AM
Micah does ;) and he did it all himself. After he had been sent upstairs to go potty and get ready for bed- he asked for help getting them out of the drawer so he could put them on. He has gotten quite independant and so "mature" over the last few days. Everytime I turn around he is doing or saying something new. He likes to dress and undress himself now, bathe himself in the tub, help fill his milk and juice cups and numerous other things that are escaping my mind at this late hour. He has also gotten very good with manners- saying please and thank you, telling me I am beautiful ( I LOVE this one!), playing with and caring for Addie, helping me around the house- it is such a pleasure watching him at this stage (though of course he still has his moments). The big topper- he drew his first "family" picture on his own last nite- he first drew him (a big head) and daddy next to each other and then addie and I (the smallest one) next to each other. We all have all facial features and Micah even has legs. I am so excited to get to experience this- I will have to scan it and show you all- he even "signed" it- writing his whole first name on his own :)

I am betting you are all wondering about Addie. Well- it has now been 24 hours since I last gave her motrin- and if you remember- I wasn't sure if I should have even gave that last dose. She may have had a slight fever here and there today- but nothing that made her feel more than a touch warm on her forehead. She was a bit more fussy and cuddly than normal and slept quite a bit- but I think I would too after days of fever like she had. I called the Dr. this morning (thanks Krystal :) ) and they told me to push fluids all day (which I did) and bring her in tomorrow if she spiked again at nite. They thought it sounded viral- I made an appt. just in case- but thankfully, I believe I will be able to cancel that in the morning :) Hopefully this is pretty much through her system- it was a long four days.

I think I am putting off my shopping trip until Friday- either Tim can watch the kids and I can go or else he can go along so that I don't have to drag them both into my "short stop" places. It will give Addie another day to feel better and since it is supposed to be rainy and COLD tomorrow- I don't really feel like doing much. Unfortunately the blah weather seems to be sticking around- I had to reschedule my photo shoot from Friday until next Tuesday- but it's all good- it is supposed to be near 70 and partly sunny that day- PERFECT in my book :)

I have a few things to wrap up before I close my eyes for the nite- so I will stop writing so that I can complete them and get my much needed rest.

1 Response to "Do you have your Jamamas On?"

  1. Unknown Says:

    cool stuff... cool kids...

    never a dull moment 'round the house, eh?