Home again Home again Jiggity Jig

Posted by Jen Friday, June 23, 2006 11:54 PM
and thankfully safe and sound. If any of you are in the Northern Ohio area- you are probably familar with this past week's storms- YIKES!! I have NEVER seen weather where we literally sat through 3+ hours of storm after storm two days in a row. Wednesday evening was a long one for our household- there were tornado warnings in most of the surrounding towns and each successive storm brought with it more torrential downpours and frequent power outages. The thunder and lighting was like nothing I have seen or heard and in all honesty- I was quite worried for the first hour or so as we watched the radar and heard reports from the surrounding areas. Being that our cottage has no basement and has tons of windows- we figured out an emergency plan just in case it was needed- talk about scary.
Other than the fun weather (ha!) we had a wonderful week. We were able to visit the beach and pool quite a few times and Addie even started to enjoy the water our last visit (we had hopes of going one last time but as we walked down- the storms began again :( ) It was so wonderful to connect with so many people that we don't see often and to make some plans with some "new" friends that will be living closer to us :) Even with the turmoil of last week and a rough beginning (in that sense) to this one, I (and I believe Tim) have a fresh outlook and am excited about some new oppurtunities in the coming months.

Unfortunately we don't have much of a break in between this event and our next- as a matter of fact, today and tomorrow are just about it. Yes- we are crazy!! Thankfully, our next "event" is CYF camp and it is now held in Canton, Ohio which means I can be a part and yet still be with my kids as well. Tim and I are teaching a class called, "Hide and Seek" and I am possibly leading one of the morning sessions (gulp!). This camp played such an important role in my life as a teen and I can only hope that it can be the same thing to the youth that attend this year.

Addie is awake and screaming and though Tim is doing his best, she needs me right now so I guess this is as much of an update as is possible for the time being. I am glad to be home and can't wait to catch up with everyone that I feel so out of touch with. I promise that after the middle of July it won't always be this way- summers are just absolutely CRAZY when working with a church. It is all good though-although I am mentally and physically exhausted, I am having a wonderful time and can't imagine life any other way.

1 Response to "Home again Home again Jiggity Jig"

  1. Heather Says:

    Glad you had a good time at the lake and hope CYF went really well! We just got back from Hawaii so send me a note when you slow down!!