I am home again for oh- about a week. Yep- long enough to do laundry, make final plans, and pack. What happened to a relaxing summer? It is already July and here I am wondering where the time went.
CYF camp was awesome. Gosh- I just love that place (even though the venue has changed since I was a camper). God just does soooo many awesome things and I finally feel a spark of life back in my faith. It is such a great feeling to watch so many teens discover God's love and just to be there and be a part of their lives for a week gives me warm fuzzies.
The staff worked together really well for the most part. It was really neat to arrive there this year and see that one of the people I went to camp with wayyyy back when was back as a first year counselor. It was through he and his friends that I actually felt like I belonged at camp and everyone totally lost touch after that year of camp, so to see him there and find out where he actually lives and works (PB- you chose a great guy ;) ) was quite a suprise.
We went with a different format this year- we actually had different speakers every night and morning- but I think it actually worked out better than anyone could have imagined. I shared a short devotion Friday and though I was nervous beyond belief, I believe that what came out was what God wanted me to share.
This week should be an interesting one- you know- trying to fit in some fun time while trying to pack and get ready for another trip- arghhh!! I hope to fit in some sand and pool time somewhere along the way and actually just sit and enjoy the summer. Of course that probably won't happen- but a girl can dream ;)
Lets see- as for family updates... Micah is being really affectionate lately- and I am loving it :) He had a wonderful week and Gma and Gpa Becks and cried when we woke up this morning and I told him he wasn't going back today. He is getting smarter and smarter by the day and the little things he does just amazes me.
Addie is working on getting not just one, but two more bottom teeth in. The bottom left is winning- it is poked through completely and the bottom right is not far behind with half of it in. That will bring her total up to 8 :) She is saying more and more as the days go on...hi, all gone, uh oh, ca ca (micah) are all commonly used words and love you, thank you, buh (bye) and various other words are making a strong entrance. She loves eating pretty much everything but is still a little squirt. She is right arounfd 20lbs and about 29 inches long. Her hair is getting longer and lighter by the day and she totally enjoys being outside and getting dirty.
Tomorrow is fully back to reality with Church and Sunday school. Hopefully by the time we are back from our mission trip, one of our Pastor friends will be moved into Louisville and we can start getting together for playdates- I am so excited. Sometimes I still just feel so alone here- and even though I don't know his wife all that well- we are both excited at the propects of having someone close that knows the life of the church and actually has kids the same ages and similar interests. It will be good- I am sure of it :)
I think I am off to sleep- lack of sleep has been big this week so I should catch up while I can. Micah and Tim are already in bed and Addie is asleep next to me- the darn neighbors and their firecrackers are NOT making me happy. Sigh- how many more days of this?
CYF camp was awesome. Gosh- I just love that place (even though the venue has changed since I was a camper). God just does soooo many awesome things and I finally feel a spark of life back in my faith. It is such a great feeling to watch so many teens discover God's love and just to be there and be a part of their lives for a week gives me warm fuzzies.
The staff worked together really well for the most part. It was really neat to arrive there this year and see that one of the people I went to camp with wayyyy back when was back as a first year counselor. It was through he and his friends that I actually felt like I belonged at camp and everyone totally lost touch after that year of camp, so to see him there and find out where he actually lives and works (PB- you chose a great guy ;) ) was quite a suprise.
We went with a different format this year- we actually had different speakers every night and morning- but I think it actually worked out better than anyone could have imagined. I shared a short devotion Friday and though I was nervous beyond belief, I believe that what came out was what God wanted me to share.
This week should be an interesting one- you know- trying to fit in some fun time while trying to pack and get ready for another trip- arghhh!! I hope to fit in some sand and pool time somewhere along the way and actually just sit and enjoy the summer. Of course that probably won't happen- but a girl can dream ;)
Lets see- as for family updates... Micah is being really affectionate lately- and I am loving it :) He had a wonderful week and Gma and Gpa Becks and cried when we woke up this morning and I told him he wasn't going back today. He is getting smarter and smarter by the day and the little things he does just amazes me.
Addie is working on getting not just one, but two more bottom teeth in. The bottom left is winning- it is poked through completely and the bottom right is not far behind with half of it in. That will bring her total up to 8 :) She is saying more and more as the days go on...hi, all gone, uh oh, ca ca (micah) are all commonly used words and love you, thank you, buh (bye) and various other words are making a strong entrance. She loves eating pretty much everything but is still a little squirt. She is right arounfd 20lbs and about 29 inches long. Her hair is getting longer and lighter by the day and she totally enjoys being outside and getting dirty.
Tomorrow is fully back to reality with Church and Sunday school. Hopefully by the time we are back from our mission trip, one of our Pastor friends will be moved into Louisville and we can start getting together for playdates- I am so excited. Sometimes I still just feel so alone here- and even though I don't know his wife all that well- we are both excited at the propects of having someone close that knows the life of the church and actually has kids the same ages and similar interests. It will be good- I am sure of it :)
I think I am off to sleep- lack of sleep has been big this week so I should catch up while I can. Micah and Tim are already in bed and Addie is asleep next to me- the darn neighbors and their firecrackers are NOT making me happy. Sigh- how many more days of this?