I guess it is time I update

Posted by Jen Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:11 PM
this past week and a half have been such a whirlwind... still seems surreal at times you know? We are working on figuring out this "new normal" and what it means in our lives. Everything went smoothly over the weekend... and Saturday was absolutely gorgeous for the funeral. Everything was such a tribute... to a very deserving man. If anything, all of this makes me want to be an even better person and I hope to someday leave a legacy such as the one Dad Beck left.

Micah has been taking things hard... he is often heard saying that he misses grandpa...they were buddies for sure. He still has so many questions and can't quite grasp the idea of how grandpa was buried and yet still in heaven- which is understandable. He also worries that if he gets sick that he too will go to heaven and never see us again- he broke my heart last nite asking questions. I just wish I could wrap him up and protect him from all of these feelings, but I know that it is a part of life that he/ we must face and I trust that God has/ will give me the right answers to satisfy his questions.

So...

We have slowly started back to normal activities around here. We are all still wiped out- emotionally and physically... I am sure it will take some time to get back to normal. Micah went to school Monday and Wednesday- had a rough time going in Wednesday but ended up having a great day. He had soccer practice on Tuesday nite- again- started rough but all in all it wasn't too bad. Today he had swimming and actually did really well- thank goodness. If you don't remember the last time we were there... I am sure you could do a search for about three weeks ago's post about it.

Tomorrow is a quiet day...we are off to the Y in the morning and then I think we are running a few errands to restock our freezer. Sounds fun- eh? Saturday is NFL draft day- meaning the kids and I are on our own while Tim is glued to the tv ;) Thrilling day I am sure. Sunday is back to normal... I think we are in the nursery (well I don't think we are... but we got a card... so??) and then Sunday School and Tim to youth at nite. So... life as usual again in that aspect at least.

Please continue to keep the family in your prayers if you could. Though the initial shock is over, everyone is still adjusting to everything. Tim has been walking through some of the paperwork and legal process with his mom and all of that is a lot of work and stress that will hopefully go smoothly and end soon. So...until next time...

1 Response to "I guess it is time I update"

  1. Becca L. Says:

    You and your family are still in my prayers.