I survived

Posted by Jen Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:52 PM
letting go this morning (we knew Micah would so yes, this is all about me) though not without a few tears. Micah was up and ready to go out the door as soon as his clothes were on and barely paused to tell me goodbye in the classroom. I hung around a few minutes- glancing back at him and trying to see if he was nervous but although he was quiet, there was no hint of despair at all. A few tears sprung into my eyes in the hall as I walked away and they ran over on the trek to the car and when I closed the door and sat down but after a few deep breaths and remembering how excited he was, I was able to move forward and enjoy my girl's day out with Addie.
Unfortunately it was a cool, wet day so the photo opps weren't the best but I definitely captured quite a few that I feel tell the story of the morning.
Here are a few pictures of the big kindergartner. Sorry for the crappy quality, I won't even go into how mad I am at my computer right now...








When he got home he was all bubbly and talkative though he talked in circles and really didn't tell us much about the day. He did say that he went to the teacher's computer instead of one of the class ones and she had to correct him but other than that- he said he didn't remember much. When I asked what he learned he said "nothing" LOL. I hope the rest of the year isn't like that ;) He talked about what his class looked like and lunch time and how they had a rest time ( I didn't think they did so he was happy to inform me that I was wrong) and other little details I can't seem to recall right now. I am glad he is so excited and I hope that his joy continues each and every day and his yearn to learn never ceases. Here is to an easier goodbye tomorrow...

1 Response to "I survived"

  1. Shannon Bieger Says:

    He looks so grown up!! And I can't believe these are 'crappy quality'. What I wouldn't give for quality pics like that! Half my photos were blurred because I forgot to turn on my external flash.

    I'm so glad that Micah did so well - and that you did so well too. I mean you could've clung to his leg and not let him go but you didn't! C'mon, we gotta get credit for that much!