Tomorrow is the big day

Posted by Jen Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:17 PM
that will test my ability to hold back tears in the face of my children. Tomorrow is the day that I send Micah off to Kindergarten. He is SO excited about it... he has been in bed for 15 mins. already and I still hear him talking- LOL. We bought him a Bearenstein Bears book about the first day of school and we sat and he read it to me tonite. He kept stopping and talking about how his room would be and how he couldn't wait to see everyone... so I am not worried about him at all. It is me I am worried about... me allowing my once baby boy, my first born, to spread his wings and step away. (I am tearing up as I write this) Sigh... no one prepared me for this!
So his bag is all packed, his lunch is started (snacks and such) and all paperwork is filled out... all that is left are the pictures and official drop off at his classroom door. My baby boy has grown up and there isn't anything I can do to slow him down... watch out world... he is ready to go.

2 Response to "Tomorrow is the big day"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I still have two years before I send off my first and I am already dreading it! What a handsome little man. I'm sure he will do fabulously in Kindergarten!

  2. AnnaMarie Says:

    Aww Jen trust me I know how you feel. :( HUGE hugs to you especially tomorrow - I pray that you both get through the day with as few tears as possible and big smiles when you are reunited at the end of the day. :) Take some comfort in raising such a wonderful confident young boy who is ready to move into a new phase of his life....and then repeat these words back to me next week when Abby starts 1st grade and Sophie starts K too. :-P I am definitely keeping you in my thoughts! :)

    And gorgeous shot of Micah too - is he Sophie's type? LOL :)