No excuse

Posted by Jen Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:00 PM
I feel like I have been so busy though I am still not sure what I have been doing with my time. I know I always nag others to update their blogs and here I am "almost" as bad ;)

I could say I haven't blogged b/c I have been wiped out. I seriously NEVER remember being SO tired ALL the time. I can get a good 8-10 hours of sleep a nite and wake up in a fog. Midday 'cat' naps turn into 3 hour long coma-esque slumbers... UGH! I was hoping that the iron supplements would at least take the edge off but so far no real improvement. I am sure some of it has something to do with the fact that I am stuck inside looking out at a grey world and of course being almost 30 weeks pregnant but still...

I could also use the excuse that I am terribly busy but none of this is anything new. Between work, volunteering at the school, church events, Y classes... time can quickly be eaten away but as I said, it isn't anything new so...

Honestly, I don't feel like I have anything exciting to write. I want to read and haven't done that so no new insights there, I haven't had many adventures outside the house since winter returned after one nice day and I haven't even been inspired enough to take out my camera all that much.

I am slowly starting to get ready for Silas' arrival. It still seems surreal but after going shopping with Addie for some clothes this week, I started to feel as if his arrival is a bit closer. I can't believe it will be in less than 9 weeks but yet that still seems far off here at the end of February.
He was approximately 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel at the beginning of this week. He is VERY active from about 7:30- 9:30 at nite and early in the mornings. I would love to have a little camera in there to see what is going on sometimes. Next week he will be about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). Crazy isn't it? Other than the tiredness, I am still feeling great. He is laying a lot lower than the other two so that has made for a bit of unfomfortable moments but all in all, this has been another great pregnancy. I seriously LOVE the whole process- it just amazes me from the first time hearing the heartbeat to the first glimpse of their anatomy until finally meeting them in person... God is seriously awesome!

This coming week brings revival services to our church which will keep us all very busy. I am leading the nightly children's program so evenings will be crazy. The kids are excited so thankfully it will give them something to look forward to and keep them occupied. Add in Y classes starting back up (Addie on Weds. and Sat and Micah on Sat) and bells for Micah Wed, Mom's group Thursday... I won't be sitting looking out all that much ;) so maybe, just maybe I will have a few stories to share for next time...

1 Response to "No excuse"

  1. Lindsay Says:

    actually, i will need some of the first year clothes especially since they are going to be totally opposite seasons :) i know addie was a june baby so...you never know :)