Taste and See

Posted by Jen Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:24 PM

Silas has recently decided that baby food really isn't his "thing" anymore and has thus resisted many futile attempts at making him think he is missing out on the tasty stuff. I guess once you turn 10 months, you are smarter than you seem. See... I think it all began about the middle of February... if you remember back to that video I posted, you know, the ice cream cake one. The one where he did a little dance and said, "num num" or squealed for me and of course, like all good parents, we obliged. Yes, I now know we created a monster, but honestly, who can blame him?

Silas' refusal reminded of Psalm 34:8which states, “Taste and See the Lord is Good”. Once you experience goodness, you aren't going to want to go back to the dull and lifeless (or tasteless in Silas' case) world that you left. David (the writer of Psalms) invites us to experience God, to trust and depend on him for all of our needs. He realizes that God won't just give us a taste and keep us away from the good stuff (like I guess I was/ am trying to do with Silas) but will instead give us a taste and then keep giving us even more until we are so full we overflow.

Are we willing to be that open, to jump into God's arms and not look back? Have we really tasted and saw how good He really is or do we keep our feet in the mud while our arms reach out to his? Taste and see that He is good for blessed is the man whom takes refuge in Him. He will take care of you, if only you will trust in Him.

For further study on Psalm 34:8 see this amazing breakdown... Raw Christianity

1 Response to "Taste and See"

  1. Chrisa Says:

    I loved this for two reasons. (1) Because I was wondering if my 10 month old was strange for suddenly rejecting babyfood. (2) Its a great metaphor for our relationship with God.
    Great post!