Thank you for Boogers

Posted by Jen Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:38 AM
We are going through a bit of a trying stage with Ms. Addie these days. She seems to have picked up the habit of hitting, and Micah gets the brunt of it. On top of that, she also has decided that she can choose when she wants to go to bed, whether that be 1-4 hours past when she is placed there. We often hear her little feet running to the bathroom, sneaking down the stairs, etc...
Last nite she pushed me enough that I knew something needed to be done, not necessarily punishment, but something that would let her know that I was disappointed. We had a bit of a talk and I told her how sad I was that she has been acting so mean recently and how I don't like that she hits and doesn't listen to Mommy and Daddy. I told her how that makes Jesus sad as well. Saying that to her just broke her heart. We had a little prayer time and she asked Jesus to help her be a nice girl and so on...
Fast forward to tonite and the same scenario repeats. I go up to have a talk and she hides her eyes (the new thing she does when she knows she is in trouble... like maybe if she does that we won't see her- HA!) Anyway... As soon as I sit down by her she asks to pray. She starts off by thanking God for the day and playing outside and etc etc... Then she says, "I thank you for my nose and my boogers..." LOL. What a NUT!! She proceeded to thank Him for every little thing she could think of before she finally retired to bed (though it wasn't the last time... I think we had two more episodes of her getting up... but how can you punish a girl when she does actually squeeze out a drop on the toilet?) Anyway... I thought it was funny.

We played outside again today and took a few more pictures. I have to get those uploaded ina slideshow to share... it was probably the last time for playing in the snow this year. We built a HUGE snowman and had fun sliding down the large piles of snow from the church parking lot. The kids had a blast and were worn out for naptime- perfect scenario!! :)

It is really really late but I needed to waste some time while I uploaded a client's photos. Hopefully those are done now and I can head to dreamland. I am totally exhausted... while some people slept in today (ahem...) I did not.

Until next time...

2 Response to "Thank you for Boogers"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Gotta love how kids think. They do say the darndest things. Have you heard anything back from the tests? Still in my thoughts and prayers.

  2. Heather Says:

    Taylor has been hitting lately as well, along with full blown on the floor temper tantrums over nothing..what happened to my sweet little princess, ha ha!! You gotta love this age, I think 2 1/2 - 3/1/2 is the hardest!!